“Quarter” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Kraft Heinz Is A Buy →
This has resulted in a slashing of the dividend here, from $2.35 in 2016 to $1.60 over the past four quarters.
· India's migrant exodus spreads coronavirus to hinterlands →
In Bihar, 70 per cent of infections are among migrant labourers; of those returning from Delhi, one quarter tested positive.
The New York Times
· Suriname’s Strongman Shrugs Off Murder Sentence in Re-election Bid →
By the time he won an electoral victory in 2000, Mr. Bouterse, a Scotch-sipping power broker, had transformed into a cheerful man of the people, donning polo shirts and sipping beer with supporters in the poor quarters of Paramaribo, the capital.
· Central Bank Week In Review For 5/18-5/22 →
The available information for the April 28–29 meeting indicated that U.S. labor market conditions deteriorated substantially in March and April, and real gross domestic product (GDP) declined sharply in the first quarter of the year.
The New York Times
· Boris Johnson Backs Top Aide Accused of Flouting Lockdown Rules →
While he was ill, the government said, he stayed in separate quarters from his parents and did not leave the house.
· What is China's post-coronavirus strategy? →
The country is facing the challenge of restoring an economy that's shrunk almost 7 percent in the first quarter of the year.
· Johnson says coronavirus tests will be available in schools that open on 1 June – video →
The PM added that he intended for secondary schools to provide ‘some contact’ for year 10 and year 12 students from 15 June to help them to prepare for exams next year – with up to a quarter of these students in at any point
· Tory whips apologise for urging MPs to support Dominic Cummings →
In some quarters this is regarded as the crime of the century.”
· The big growth leap: Covid gives India the opportunity to get growth without massive investment →
So, the pattern, across the world, is a drastic drop in output—from 25-30%, with a similar drop in employment for the period of lockdown, which lasts, at most, a quarter or two.
· Apple Hospitality - How Things Changed, And What's Next →
So, bear with me as we discuss what was one of the most toxic stocks of the first quarter.