“Question” in the news
|answer the question|
|called into question|
|question of whether|
Publications and example sentences
· Our suicide research is clear: Australia needs more urgent action to address the Covid-19 fallout →
The clear questions that need to be answered are: Just what actions are our national cabinet planning to take and with what urgency?
· George Kruis: England and Saracens lock to move to Japan at end of season →
The move calls into question his international future.
The New York Times
· Coronavirus Live Updates: U.S. Adds Brazil to Travel Ban List →
But Mr. Johnson deflected questions about whether he had known of Mr. Cummings’s travels and muddied the details of the lockdown rules.
· Opposition leaders across Europe walk coronavirus tightrope →
“Unanimity over the question of crisis management is over,” Christian Lindner, leader of the pro-business FDP, said recently.
· Exclusive: big pharma rejected EU plan to fast-track vaccines in 2017 →
The most recent evaluation in 2017 questioned whether the European pharmaceutical industry should continue to be the “main driver” on the future of medicine.
· Health D-G Dr Noor Hisham calls for concerted action on Covid-19 at immigration detention centres in Malaysia, warns against discrimination of foreigners →
Concerned critics have questioned the timing of Putrajaya’s immigration raids on migrants and foreigners within the country amid the Covid-19 pandemic, with issues raised about the risks of putting them in detention in allegedly cramped conditions.
The Japan Times
· Purpose, respect, fairness: The 3 ingredients for happiness at work →
Dave: Getting a bit philosophical with you here, does that mean you consider happiness to be more a financial question than a moral one?
· Microsoft Remains An Interesting Dividend Growth Play →
Should a firm outperform or underperform the key valuation assumptions (such as expected revenue growth or operating margins), the bull case and bear case scenarios offer a way to view the trajectory of the cash flow of the firm in question.
· The killing of Ahmaud Arbery →
A second video, uncovered by Guardian US reporter Sam Levine, shows police attempting to use a Taser on Arbery, after questioning why he was sitting alone in his car in a park one morning in November 2017.
The New York Times
· ‘Billions’ Season 5, Episode 4: Hometown Hero →
Chuck frames the speech as an emotional release rather than a “carnal” one, but this is the big question about his character, isn’t it?