· British government ignoring ethnic minority domestic abuse victims who are ‘suffering in silence’, warns UN official →
There is an additional layer of suffering when they also experience racism or are overlooked by external organisations due to cultural ignorance or fear of being racist.”
· Key findings from Public Health England's report on Covid-19 deaths →
Ahead of the review, many BAME campaigners and leaders were concerned that the review would give insufficient weight to socioeconomic inequalities or structural racism and stress genetic factors, for political convenience.
The China Post
· ‘We won’t tolerate’: Sports world unites behind Floyd →
Their actions mimicked the one made by Kaepernick during the national anthem in 2016 in silent protest of police brutality and racism while then playing for the San Francisco 49ers.
· “The presidency is a duty to care”: Read Joe Biden’s full speech on George Floyd’s death →
The moment has come for our country to deal with systemic racism.”
· Seth Rogen tells off people criticising Black Lives Matter support: ‘You don’t deserve my movies’ →
“Black Lives Matter is not a term of confrontation or an exclusionary demand,” writer Rachel Elizabeth Cargle noted in a 2019 Harper’s Bazaar piece on the matter, adding: “Why do those who counter black lives matter act as though black people aren’t aware of the glaring disproportionate statistics of police brutality, of health care racism, and of mass incarceration?
· Paris police chief defends forces against 'racism' claims →
The police chief of Paris defended his forces Tuesday against accusations of brutality and racism as anger over alleged police violence mounts in France as in the United States.
· Biden levels blistering attack on Trump for church photo-op →
Speaking in Philadelphia - a city rocked by sometimes violent protests in recent days - Biden took aim at President Donald Trump's handling of the wave of demonstrations across the country over racism and police misconduct.
· Tech companies mark Blackout Tuesday →
The Musicians’ Union stands with our Black members and all Black communities against all forms of racism, violence and discrimination.
· US protests: Ex-Miss Universe Malaysia apologises for controversial comments →
“If I had been more attentive in how I wrote it, the message would have been understood as a heartfelt message to all victims of racism be it any colour,” she added.
· Black Lives Matter: 10 anti-racism charities in the UK you can donate to →
Show Racism the Red Card is an anti-racism educational charity that uses workshops and training sessions, among other resources, to educate on and combat racism.