“Raise” in the news
|order to raise|
Publications and example sentences
· Electric Vehicle Subsidies Are Unsustainable →
These policies effectively raise the prices of ICE vehicles in order to subsidize the sale of luxury cars for the rich, as well as depressing automaker profits.
The New York Times
· King or Queen →
Not all farms raise livestock or produce.
· 'Farcical': Drug testers the only exception to AFL's strict quarantine rules →
The issue was to be raised at an AFL general managers of football meeting on Thursday.
· Amid pandemic, investors bet on India's Jio and its giant-killer playbook →
And, over the past six weeks, the digital business of Ambani's Reliance Industries Ltd, known as Jio Platforms, raised a striking US$10 billion from global investors.
· Steadfast, Greedy Or Fearful? Strategies For Responding To Extreme Market Volatility →
Under these assumptions, the short-term spike in volatility would only raise 25-year expected volatility from 18% to 18.5%.
· Zoom plans to exclude free calls from end-to-end encryption →
Eric Yuan, the company’s CEO, raised alarm among privacy advocates on Wednesday by saying Zoom planned to exclude free calls from end-to-end encryption so as to leave open the possibility of working with law enforcement.
· 'Wuhan is safe': City tests 10 million, finds little coronavirus →
Together, these efforts raised Wuhan's daily testing capacity from 300,000 to more than one million, she was quoted as saying.
· Boris Johnson urges other countries to pledge billions of pounds to fund vaccinations in world’s poorest countries →
Summit aims to raise at least £6 billion, to immunise 300 million children by 2025
· Coronavirus: Former MI6 head claims pandemic ‘started as accident’ in Chinese laboratory →
He added: ”It raises the issue, if China ever were to admit responsibility, does it pay reparations?
The Japan Times
· ‘Forgiven Children’: No clear-cut truths to a child’s crimes →
True, tears flow and voices are raised, but there is also a legal, moral and psychological complexity that reflects the messiness of reality, in which storybook endings have no place.