“Raise” in the news
|order to raise|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
The Wall Street Journal
· Joe Kindred’s Recipe for Charred Squid With Ajo Blanco and Cilantro Pistou →
“That said, we always knew we’d have a menu that raised the bar.”
· Pinterest gets bullish upgrade on 'astounding' user growth →
Pivotal raises Pinterest's price target from $22 to $45.50, a 30% upside from the last close.
· One Borrower, Two Loans: Firms Cite Errors in U.S. Bailout Data →
While some errors are to be expected given the volume of loans and the program’s unprecedented nature, they raise concern that there may be other undetected problems, said John Hudak, a senior fellow in governance studies at the Brookings Institution.
· Ruth's Hospitality Group: Time To Take A Bite For The Value In These Bones →
The company drew down on its credit facility back in March while also raising $50 million in a secondary stock offering while using $10 million of that to repay debt.
· Wall Street Breakfast: Microsoft Back On Track To Acquire TikTok's U.S. Operations →
The Fed is preparing to abandon its long-held practice of raising interest rates to preempt overheating in the economy, citing persistently low U.S. inflation.
· Elderly people are already self-isolating. You can't blame us for a second wave →
This type of protection is counterproductive and raises alarm bells in the public arena.
· Dear Therapist: No One Appreciates My Middle Child →
As most parents of multiple children have observed, all people are born with a certain temperament, which is why siblings can be raised in the same environment and display wildly different dispositions.
· Big Tech Faithful Shouldn’t Ignore Antitrust Risk →
They have the power to raise prices and thereby stifle demand.
· REIT Rich With REITs: Perseverance Can Overcome All Obstacles →
Having been a real estate investor in 2008 and 2009, I can attest that the current pandemic is different from the last recession in that many REIT management teams were in place during 2008, and they learned the importance of low leverage, managing debt maturities and liquidity, having access to multiple forms of capital, and using at-the-market (ATM) equity raising facilities.
· A helicopter pilot chops to the chase →
This raised the question: Is there a universal supermarket aisle order adhered to by all supermarkets, irrespective of brand and presumably varying only by size?