Yayınlar ve örnek cümleler
· Mali PM promises to form an 'open' government amid mass protests →
Demonstrators attacked Parliament and ransacked the national television station.
The Wall Street Journal
· Turkey’s Decision to Turn Hagia Sophia Into a Mosque Dismays Christians, Neighbors, Historians →
ISTANBUL—With its vast dome and towering minarets, Hagia Sophia is to humanity what the Grand Canyon is to geology: an open-air book that concentrates nearly one and a half millennia of history as the successive heart of Orthodox Christian and Muslim empires, punctuated by ransacking, fires and earthquakes.
The New York Times
· Pop Smoke Arrests: L.A.P.D. Has Taken 5 Into Custody →
Noting the lack of ransacking, the authorities said in February that they were looking into whether Pop Smoke had been the victim of a random robbery or if he was targeted, having recently posted pictures to social media that showed large stacks of cash and accidentally revealed his address.
· How a Key Federal Civil Rights Agency Was Sidelined as Historic Protests Erupted →
Though many of the marches and demonstrations over the past six weeks were peaceful, others devolved into the sort of chaos the CRS was designed to help deter, with police officers using batons, tear gas and rubber bullets to push back crowds, and protesters hurling rocks and bottles at cops, burning buildings and ransacking businesses.
· The Many Electronic Surprises To Be Found In The Nation's Vast Archive Of Folk Music →
It's just that, whereas the reissue specialists harvest out-of-print releases from long out-of-business labels, Folkways is ransacking its own archives.