“Ratify” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Nuclear watchdog says any US test would be 'grave challenge to peace' →
The US signed the CTBT in 1996 but the Senate voted against ratifying it.
· China Moves to Quell Hong Kong Protests With Security Law →
China officially ratified a plan Thursday to write a national security law for Hong Kong that exerts Beijing’s broader, new control over the semi-autonomous territory in a bid to prevent a return of the months of often-violent protests last year.
· F1 agree first-ever budget cap to cut costs in wake of coronavirus →
An FIA statement said the amendments “have received unanimous support amongst the Formula 1 teams and were ratified today by the World Council”.
· Kicking up a stink: smelly pro-democracy protest shuts down HK anthem law debate →
In Beijing, China's national legislature was set to ratify a proposal later Thursday to impose a national security law on Hong Kong, a Chinese territory that is supposed to have a high degree of autonomy under a one-country, two-systems framework.
· India watches as Nepal Parliament fails to endorse amendments to the map →
And it had to be ratified by the party’s working committee.
· Formula 1: FIA agree to budget cap of US$145m for 2021 →
The FIA's World Motor Sports Council ratified the amendments to F1's rules in a season decimated by COVID-19 with 10 of the scheduled 22 races already either cancelled or postponed.
· Photronics Inc. (PLAB) CEO Peter Kirlin on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
The ratify 5G technology is expected to accelerate this transition.
· Trump's treaty aversion is destroying Cold War safety nets and hastening a superpower crisis →
The treaty was subsequently ratified by 27 nations from both alliances and entered into force on Jan. 1, 2002.