· Charlton Athletic: Five directors of owners East Street Investments removed →
The move has been described as 'a stunt' by one of the directors, Chris Farnell, and comes as the club continue to wait for the English Football League to ratify yet another change of owner after Manchester-based businessman Paul Elliott said he had bought ESI last month.
· Biden forges brand of liberal populism to use against Trump →
They left Biden short of endorsing single-payer health insurance and the most aggressive timelines to achieve a carbon-neutral economy, but ratified his claims of a more progressive slate than his predecessors’.
· Hamilton, In Fiction And History, Is Key To Understanding The Electoral College →
Hamilton's word meant something in an election dispute in 1800 and 1801 in part because he had inspired and defended the idea of the Electoral College, when he was a delegate to the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia and in the fight to ratify it.
· The states we're in: can ‘laboratories of democracy’ conquer Covid-19? →
In Virginia, a Democratic majority elected in 2019 passed measures to protect LGBTQ residents, help undocumented migrants, improve the environment, fund roads and other transportation projects via a hike in the gas tax, and become the 38th state of ratify the Equal Rights Amendment, which will put it into the constitution if the courts agree.
The China Post
· NHL, players approve plan to resume season, extend CBA →
The return-to-play plan, tentatively approved by the NHL and NHL Players’ Association on Monday, was ratified by the league’s board of governors and with majority approval from players following a three-day voting period, ending Friday.
The Japan Times
· NHL, players agree on date to resume season →
The return-to-play plan, tentatively approved by the NHL and NHL Players’ Association on Monday, was ratified by the league’s board of governors and with majority approval from players following a three-day voting period that ended Friday.
· Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane flashpoint proves Jurgen Klopp delivered Liverpool vow →
Peace negotiations following the Turf (Moor) War back on August 31, when the Reds last faced Burnley have long since been ratified and the belligerents have kissed and made up.
· Brexit LIVE: Boris Johnson sets Michel Barnier 21 day deadline to agree to principle deal →
He pointed out the political declaration ratified by Parliament does allocate a role to the ECJ as part of arrangements for Northern Ireland - the so-called Northern Ireland protocol.
· Roger Stone’s Commutation Was Inevitable →
He told me a story about the 1788 convention where Virginia decided to ratify the Constitution.