“Rebuild” in the news
|began to rebuild|
|decided to rebuild|
Publications and example sentences
· Coronavirus: 'Many clubs will collapse', warns Weah →
Social development specialist Rachel Aron said she believes that sport can play a part in the continent's rebuilding process, while benefiting from new sponsors at the same time.
· Toll Brothers Q2 2020 Earnings Preview →
Now read: Rebuild Your Post-COVID Portfolio With D.R.
The New York Times
· ‘It’s the Death Towers’: How the Bronx Became New York’s Virus Hot Spot →
In just months, the coronavirus has threatened to wipe out more than a decade of efforts to rebuild the Bronx with new development and businesses and has made life even more precarious for those already struggling to survive, including low-paid essential workers without health insurance, paid sick time or unions to back them.
The New York Times
· How NASA’s Astronauts Became SpaceX’s Customers →
The launchpad at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida where the mission will blast off — the same one used by the last shuttle mission in 2011 — has been rebuilt to handle Mr. Musk’s Falcon 9 rocket.
· Government could refund people fined for doing what Dominic Cummings did →
Mr Hancock also said the NHS was now receiving enough personal protective equipment that it could start to rebuild it stockpile instead of just meeting demand.
· Robert Frank’s radical idea →
Others — like his proposal to rebuild the tax system around a progressive consumption tax meant to curb the intra-wealthy competitions that drive inequality — would radically reshape vast swaths of the tax code.
· First Came the Virus. Next Come the Storms. →
The economic fallout of the pandemic has also left many more people without the money to stock up on hurricane supplies, get themselves out of harm’s way, or rebuild after a storm.
· New York governor says new LaGuardia airport will be fastracked in bid to boost infrastructure →
New York state will now focus on the possibility of starting up infrastructure projects in an effort to boost the economy amid the coronavirus pandemic, with the rebuilding of LaGuardia airport a major focus.
The China Post
· PG&E’s long-running bankruptcy saga enters pivotal stage →
With no other options, wildfire victims eager to rebuild their lives were left in an untenable position that probably contributed to 85% of them voting in favor of PG&E’s plan, said Jared Ellias, a professor at the UC Hastings College of the Law.
· ECB warns virus response could renew fears of euro breakup →
Last week France and Germany presented taboo-breaking plans for the European Union to jointly borrow €500 billion to foot the bill for rebuilding the economy after the virus crisis has passed, although so-called “frugal” nations like Austria and the Netherlands have resisted.