Yayınlar ve örnek cümleler
· ‘I thought it was too good to be true’: Photographer offers free service to hawkers and F&B outlets →
SINGAPORE: The lunch crowd is normally a force to be reckoned with and Mr Eric Lee, who runs Arcade Fish Soup, would attest to that.
· The sort of fireworks seldom seen outside of a Rammstein jamboree →
The Fiver has been doing its research in the usual manner so can reveal that the lads down The Glug for Inspiration reckon Dortmund have a real chance of doing a number on their aristocratic visitors.
· Cricket post Covid-19: Australian pacer Mitchell Starc not fond of ICC's saliva ban; here's what he said →
Cricket runs the risk of becoming “pretty boring” if balance is not struck between bat and ball in the wake of the coronavirus-linked ban on using saliva to shine the ball, Australia’s premier pacer Mitchell Starc warned on Tuesday.This will also discourage aspiring youngsters to take up fast bowling in future, he reckoned.
· Can you afford another bank holiday? →
American Express reckons we’ll spend £40 each every day over a bank holiday break on food and drinks, so per household per day, let’s say an extra £30 above what we’d usually part with.
The New York Times
· The Front Page →
Do you think it can help Americans “reckon with what was lost?” Which names and descriptions stand out for you?
· As Covid-19 decimates our confidence in care homes, what are the alternatives? →
Home managers are watching anxiously as occupancy rates slip further below the 87% reported in January, which is reckoned to be around the minimum for profitability.
· That funny rainbow sign: Our Magic Hour in Cremorne →
I’m not sure if peak hour in Melbourne would be described as magic hour, but I reckon it might prompt some life questions for people sitting in their cars.
The Japan Times
· ‘Kowai,’ ‘fuan’ and language in the ‘new normal’ →
“料理屋として残るっていうのが危機的状況かなと思っています” (“Ryōriya toshite nokoru-tte iu no ga kikiteki jōkyō kana to omotte-imasu,” “To survive as a restaurant has reached a critical phase, I reckon”).
· 17 Unforgettable Resort Shows, Chosen by Our Editors →
So I’m going to go for the show I reckon would have been the funnest of all to be at—and that is Moschino’s 2020 resort show held at Universal Studios in Los Angeles.
The New York Times
· Virus Threatens Chinese Traditions of Chopsticks and Family-Style Meals →
In Beijing, Bai Yiwen, one of the owners of Chilli Kitchen, reckons that since reopening in mid-April, more than half of the groups that come to his restaurants have asked for serving chopsticks, up from less than 5 percent before the pandemic.