|able to recruit||募集できる|
· Covid-19: Monkeys, ferrets offer needed clues in coronavirus vaccine race →
Even as companies recruit tens of thousands of people for larger vaccine studies this summer, behind the scenes scientists still are testing ferrets, monkeys and other animals in hopes of clues to those basic questions steps that in a pre-pandemic era would have been finished first.
· Rejuvenated Giroud ‘very nearly’ left Chelsea in January →
Chelsea manager Frank Lampard had been searching for a striker in the January transfer window and Giroud, linked with a move to Tottenham, would have been surplus to requirements if a new recruit had arrived.
The China Post
· UN report: Afghan Taliban still maintain ties with al-Qaida →
Khalilzad told reporters in Washington on Monday that the Taliban pledge was specific “in terms of their presence, in terms of training, in terms of recruiting, in terms of fundraising in the territory that they currently control.”
· When police officers are told they’re in a war, they act like it →
I do a lot of recruit training and I say: This is not semantics.
The China Post
· Monkeys, ferrets offer needed clues in COVID-19 vaccine race →
Even as companies recruit tens of thousands of people for larger vaccine studies this summer, behind the scenes scientists still are testing ferrets, monkeys and other animals in hopes of clues to those basic questions — steps that in a pre-pandemic era would have been finished first.
· AI firm that worked with Vote Leave wins new coronavirus contract →
Dominic Cummings, the chief executive of the Vote Leave campaign and now chief adviser to the prime minister, Boris Johnson, recruited one of Faculty’s data scientists, Ben Warner, to work with him in Downing Street.
The New York Times
· A Terrorist Attack Sparks the Plot of Megha Majumdar’s Powerful Debut Novel →
Majumdar follows the lives of three characters: Jivan, languishing in prison; her former physical education teacher, referred to as PT Sir, who is recruited into the local right-wing political party; and Lovely, a hijra (a third gender recognized in India), who dreams of stardom.
· Saints ready to play with 'freedom' when season resumes →
Buoyed by an off-season recruiting spree, the Saints are expected to be a serious finals contender, and midfielder Brad Hill says they are intent on rebounding quickly.