“Region” in the news
|throughout the region|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Yellowstone volcano hit by more than 70 earthquakes - Will it erupt? →
Yellowstone's National Park Service said that the region usually has about 700 earthquakes a year.
· Bamboo to play key role in India's post-COVID-19 economy: Jitendra Singh →
Addressing a webinar with various clusters of Cane and Bamboo Technology Centre (CBTC), stake-holders and people associated with bamboo trade, Singh said bamboo will propel the ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan’ in the northeastern region and is going to be an important vehicle of trade for India.
· Anti-CAA protests: Delhi HC says justifiable grounds for extending investigation time against Sharjeel Imam →
Initially, a case under section 124 A (sedition) and 153 A IPC (promoting enmity between classes) and 505 (statements conducing to public mischief) of the IPC was lodged by the Crime Branch here, pursuant to the alleged speeches addressed by Imam, allegedly instigating a particular religious section of the society to disrupt/block the access to North East region of India from rest of India, police had claimed.
· 'It's a bit boring': tourists and locals struggle with Mallorca's new normal →
It is estimated that 3 million Britons visit the region each year and tourism accounts for 35% of the islands’ GDP, compared with about 12% for Spain as a whole.
The New York Times
· Auctions Are Crimped as the Pandemic Forces Them Online →
But the primary mechanism for selling first-growth wine from Bordeaux, France — the most reliably collectible region in the wine world — is to sell wine futures a few months after the wine is put into a barrel.
· Here’s what the Washington football team should really be renamed →
The name already has a website, natural ties to the region and a significant backer in Adm. James Stavridis, former supreme allied commander of NATO and a frequent and welcome presence on all media.
The New York Times
· Left Behind as the World Reopens →
Summer is typically tourist season in Mendocino County, a region of Redwood forests and breathtaking seaside cliffs about 160 miles up the California coast from San Francisco.
· Surge In Coronavirus Spooks Investors As China Takes Profits →
Many of the largest markets in the Asia Pacific region fell by 1-2%.
· Will MLB's Testing Plan Sink Its Season? →
Still, there are practical ways to split the difference here: “four labs, one in each region of the U.S.,” suggests Gandhi, or some other configuration of “local and regional laboratories,” says Pinsky.
· Nord Stream 2 Could Sever Transatlantic Ties →
Psychologically, the Poles distrust any deal between Germany and Russia over their heads, because it reminds them of the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact of 1939, which carved up their region between Nazi and Soviet spheres of influence.