“Regional” in the news
|local and regional|
|regional capital Łódź|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· 'Breach of trust': landmark study delves into sexual misconduct complaints made against Australia's health professions →
The rate was higher for regional and rural than metropolitan practitioners.
· Coronavirus UK: What might lockdown look like in event of second wave? →
Regional ‘whack-a-mole’: This hypothetical scenario quickly developed into a reality as test-and-trace data in the northwest showed the virus was surging and had chiefly been spread through house visits.
· PetroTal: A Deeply Undervalued But Speculative Play On Higher Oil →
The Andean country ranked highly compared to its regional neighbors in the World Bank’s Doing Business 2020 report where it was placed 76 out of 190 countries.
· Kim Jong-un’s revolutionary step against North Korean dynasty exposed →
The announcement came months after other nations imposed regional lockdowns and started widespread testing, as the number of cases now exceeds 18 million worldwide.
· The South Got Something To Say: A Celebration Of Southern Rap →
Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik was an introduction of how rap takes root in a different set of regional influences on the fringes of New York and California rap.
· The South Got Something To Say: A Celebration Of Southern Rap (1995-1999) →
In their regional specificity and colloquialisms, those lines embody the essence of the entire project, letting it be known that this is a tape for Texans, by Texans.
· COVID-19: First students resume class in Germany after coronavirus shutdown →
But the school system is largely a matter for the 16 state governments in Germany, and as the state’s 152,700 pupils returned to class in cities like Rostock and Schwerin, regional officials had not yet implemented such a rule.
· Norway bans passengers from large cruise ships, Spain hails COVID app →
Now the government aims to offer the app to it to COVID hotspots and tourism-dependent areas from August 10, and to regional health authorities from mid-September.
· Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia return to talks over disputed dam →
The virtual meeting was also attended by officials from the African Union and South Africa, the current chairman of the regional block, said Sudan’s Irrigation Minister Yasir Abbas.