“Reject” in the news
|accept or reject|
|reject the idea|
Publications and example sentences
The New York Times
· Christo, Artist Who Wrapped and Festooned on an Epic Scale, Dies at 84 →
When New York’s parks commissioner at the time, Gordon J. Davis, rejected “The Gates” in 1981, setting forth his reasons in a book-length document, Christo simply incorporated the rebuff into the project.
The Wall Street Journal
· The Roberts Rule on Churches →
A 5-4 Court majority rejected an emergency appeal by San Diego’s South Bay United Pentecostal Church challenging the state’s limits on attendance at places of worship to 25% of building capacity or 100 people, whichever is lower.
· Coalition gave private pathology companies lucrative Covid contracts →
He categorically rejected any suggestion that the tender was not open.
· Family of David Dungay, who died in custody, express solidarity with family of George Floyd →
The NSW Safework commission has rejected their request for an investigation.
· Former deputy Labour leader Tom Watson rejected for peerage →
Exclusive: Former deputy Labour leader’s nomination believed to have been rejected over his support for allegations of a paedophile ring at Westminster made by a fantasist who was later jailed
· Global report: fears of coronavirus surge from US protests as world cases hit 6m →
“Healing people, not saving [money] to help the economy [is important], healing people, who are more important than the economy,” Francis said as he also appealed to people to reject pessimism.
· Trafigura investigated for alleged corruption, market manipulation →
Petrobras executives rejected the plan according to the same document.
· Demings: 'Long overdue' for nationwide review to address police misconduct →
The president hasn’t been shy about telling his aides he rejects this concept, according to a Republican familiar with the discussions.
The New York Times
· Resisting Lockdown, Nicaragua Becomes a Place of Midnight Burials →
The country is one of the last to reject the strict measures introduced globally to curb the spread of the coronavirus.
· People over profit, Pope Francis says during service →
A divided Supreme Court on Friday rejected an emergency appeal by a California church that challenged state limits on attendance at worship services that have been imposed to contain the spread of the coronavirus.