|accept or reject||受け入れるか拒否する|
|reject the idea||アイデアを拒否する|
The China Post
· Indians lean on strong starters, Lindor for 60-game sprint →
Lindor is only signed through 2021 and he’s rejected several long-term contract offers from the cash-conscious Indians, who can’t break their bank and overpay him.
The China Post
· Judge rejects tentative $19M Weinstein deal with accusers →
NEW YORK (AP) — A $19 million settlement between Harvey Weinstein and some of his accusers was rejected Tuesday by a judge.
· Judge rejects Harvey Weinstein's nearly $19 million settlement with accusers →
A federal judge on Tuesday rejected a proposed $18.9 million class action settlement for women who have alleged sexual abuse or workplace harassment against convicted rapist Harvey Weinstein.
· The Huawei dispute is only one part of a wider UK-China struggle →
Similarly a statement from the US secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, on Monday drew China’s ire for rejecting China’s disputed claims to offshore resources in most of the South China Sea.
· Calfrac to swap shares for debt in recapitalization; rejects Wilks Brothers proposal to buy US business →
The company also said it has rejected two proposals submitted by Wilks Brothers to buy the company’s U.S. business in exchange for some of the company’s debt.
· US-China row: Top US diplomat for East Asia says room for sanctions in response to China in South China Sea →
Stilwell spoke a day after Washington rejected China’s claims to offshore resources in most of the South China Sea as “completely unlawful,” a stance denounced by Beijing.
· European ministers seek options to stop West Bank annexation →
The Palestinian leadership has rejected the plan.
· 'I'm scared': In Detroit, a city hit hard by COVID-19, reopening classrooms sparks protests →
He rejected critics who say the district should have stuck with online instruction, both because many children in Detroit do not have computers — a major philanthropic effort announced in April to distribute tablets or computers to every Detroit student has so far only reached high school students — and because students’ needs can’t be fully met online.
The New York Times
· Judge Upends Harvey Weinstein Settlement, Questioning Its Approach →
“We were surprised that class counsel and the New York attorney general did not recognize this fact but are pleased that Judge Hellerstein swiftly rejected the one-sided proposal.
· Zindziswa Mandela, daughter of Nelson Mandela, dies at 59 →
Zindzi Mandela read his letter rejecting the offer at a packed public meeting that was broadcast around the world.