“Remain” in the news
|allowed to remain|
|chose to remain|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
The Wall Street Journal
· Joe Kindred’s Recipe for Charred Squid With Ajo Blanco and Cilantro Pistou →
Make pistou: In a clean blender or food processor, pulse cilantro, coriander, ¼ cup olive oil, remaining salt and garlic until consistency is uniform but still slightly chunk
· Risk Appetites Firm, But The Greenback Is Mixed →
The mix between loans and grants, and conditionality that should be attached, remain open issues too.
· UK’s new low-tax low-regulation free ports – 21 applications to include Doncaster and Tyne →
A Treasury insider said: “We remain committed to free ports.
· U.S. Xpress: Potential Breakout →
At the peak (or at least what we thought was the peak) of the COVID-19 pandemic, U.S. Xpress saw its customers representing 96% of the company’s pre-crisis revenues remained operational.
· UK government under pressure to intervene after Bahrain upholds death sentences for pro-democracy activists ‘tortured into confessions’ →
Asked for comment on the case, the Foreign Office directed The Independent to a statement in parliament last week by Department for International Trade minister Lord Tariq Ahmad, who said the government remained “deeply concerned” about the death sentences, and that Bahrain was “fully aware” the UK opposes capital punishment.
· Washington to Retire Team's Nickname and Logo →
Though a timeline for the new name is unknown, the team's sense of urgency in moving through this process quickly remains high.
· When can I renew my passport? Blue passports latest update →
As such, it must always remain in date, and anyone may renew theirs whenever they want.
· Frank Lampard delivers verdict on Man City's two-year European ban being lifted →
For Chelsea it means they will now need to finish inside the top-four and it remains in their hands with three games to play against Norwich City, Liverpool and Wolves.
· Merger Arbitrage Analysis And Spread Performance - July 12, 2020 →
We remained focused and executed well, despite macroeconomic challenges and the impact of ongoing litigation with Advent International.
· STORE Capital: Conservative, Resilient, And Cheap →
Tenants in the course of restructuring tend to try to remain in profitable addresses.