“Remain” in the news
|allowed to remain|
|chose to remain|
Publications and example sentences
· VV: Vanguard's Large Cap ETF Offers Exposure To New And Innovative Companies That You Don't Get In The S&P 500 →
I used to assume that all of the S&P 500 companies were automatically included in VV, (as they are required to be large when they get added into the S&P 500; a minimum market cap of $8.2 billion); however; after getting into the S&P 500, a company can shrink in size, and still remain in the index for a while.
· ‘No shame in manual jobs for Singaporeans’: MPs call for rethink on essential services workers →
Noting that impending changes in the rules for migrant workers’ accommodation could lead to more of them moving from dormitories to vacated school sites in residential estates, Mr Zainal wondered how residents would feel if these temporary living areas for migrant workers have to remain for a longer period.
· 5 top US indexes to track for global exposure →
S&P 500 Index, the first US market-cap-weighted stock market index, was created way back in 1957 and remains one of the oldest indexes with over a 70-year live track record.
· Destination XL +2.3% post Q1 results →
At May 2, 2020, cash balance of $26.1M, total debt of $96.5M and remaining availability under credit facility of $16.8M.
· KLX Energy Services Holdings, Inc. (KLXE) CEO Thomas McCaffrey on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
The outlook for the demand for oil and gas production for us and for our services remains murky at best.
· Cardinal Health Is Wealth: A Mission-Critical Business On Sale →
Although its share price has recovered from the multi-year lows reached in March, shares remain inexpensive with a low valuation despite the company’s performance, progress on debt reduction, and active share repurchases.
· Tottenham seal £175m Bank of England loan to support during coronavirus →
Spurs, who have played in the Champions League for the last four seasons, are currently eighth in the Premier League - seven points behind fourth-placed Chelsea - with nine matches remaining.
· Man, 20, pleads guilty to criminal trespass and peeping at boys in toilets →
According to section 441 of the penal code, anyone who lawfully enters the property of another but unlawfully remains there with the intention to intimidate, insult or annoy another is said to commit criminal trespass.
· Tottenham take out £175m loan to survive coronavirus crisis →
Five of Spurs’ remaining Premier League games are due to be played at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, including standout fixtures against Manchester United and rivals Arsenal.
· PM Modi pledges USD 15 million to global Covid vaccines alliance GAVI →
“Just as the UK is the single biggest donor to the international effort to find a coronavirus vaccine, we will remain the world’s leading donor to Gavi, contributing 1.65 billion pounds over the next five years.