“Representative” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Minister flags law review after Rio blows up 46,000-yr-old Aboriginal site →
Mr Wyatt, the federal minister, told ABC Radio he was made aware of the blasting plans in the days prior when his office was contacted by a legal representative of the PKKP.
· COVID 19 and Latin America: Three months on, the struggle continues →
(The author is Former Ambassador to Colombia and Ecuador, High Commissioner to Cyprus, Deputy Permanent Representative to the WTO and Deputy High Commissioner to Singapore.
· Students protest cuts to Sydney University's arts and social science faculty →
About 100 students and staff representatives protested against the cuts on Friday, pasting an open letter to Vice-Chancellor Michael Spence to the walls of the university's administration building.
· Trump's warning as Minneapolis burns over George Floyd's death: 'When the looting starts, the shooting starts' →
Representatives from the U.S. Department of Justice, FBI, the Minnesota Department of Public Safety, along with Hennepin County Attorney Michael Freeman, offered no significant updates Thursday other than to promise a swift and thorough investigation of the officers involved in the Floyd case.
· When is art effective as propaganda? →
The Nazis had a taste for neo-classical figures and sentimental scenes of peasant life, but no painting could be more representative than Hubert Lanzinger's The Standard Bearer (1933), which shows Hitler as (literally) a white knight in shining armour.
· UN chief appreciates India's assistance to other countries during COVID-19 pandemic: TS Tirumurti →
Tirumurti, who assumed charge as India’s Permanent Representative to the UN last week, presented his credentials virtually as telecommuting arrangements are in place at the UN headquarters due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
· Tax Deducted at Source: Quarterly payment of TDS could be a ‘Saviour’ for taxpayers in Corona crisis →
It may be digitally signed and in cases, where digital signatures are not possible, it may be sent from the email-ID of the Authorised Representative.
· Trevor Phillips has played no role in BAME Covid-19 deaths review →
Another letter from representatives of thousands of BAME healthcare workers called for his removal.
· Coronavirus pandemic: US to announce 'certain decisions' on China on Friday, says Donald Trump →
Meanwhile, in a separate development, several US senators sent a letter to the United Nations permanent representatives for Estonia and France, the current and incoming president of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC), in support of the US’ call for an immediate UNSC meeting on recent actions taken by the Chinese government to undermine Hong Kong’s autonomy.
· Australian court orders release of Queen's letters over PM sacking →
The country's High Court said letters between the British monarch and her Australian representative, governor-general John Kerr, over the affair were public record.