“Republicans” in the news
Publications and example sentences
The China Post
· Investigation finds violations in controversial parole case →
Republicans legislative leaders lambasted the parole board, saying the report showed a pattern of willfully ignoring state law and victims’ rights.
· Republicans push Kanye 2020. But will it really hurt Biden? →
WASHINGTON — Kanye West’s unlikely White House bid is getting help qualifying for presidential ballots in key states from Republicans around the country, fueling suspicions he’s being pushed to run by allies of President Donald Trump hoping to siphon support away from Joe Biden.
· Majority of Americans say states reopened too quickly during pandemic →
Republicans and Democrats held vastly different opinions about nearly all aspects of the pandemic.
· Wall Street gains as markets look to aid package; Nasdaq closes at record →
But Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said on Thursday Republicans and Democrats remained far apart over what to include in another wave of relief.
· Stock Market Today With Jim Cramer: Sell Kodak Shares Now →
Stimulus talks are ongoing between the Democrats and Republicans.
· How North Florida Is Becoming More Democratic →
In Florida elections, Republicans usually dominate in the north by amassing votes around Duval County.
· Federal Reserve data show little appetite so far for its $600 billion ‘Main Street’ lending program →
Meanwhile, Congressional Democrats and Republicans are in a tense standoff ahead of a critical negotiating session on a coronavirus relief bill.
· US: McConnell says economy needs 'another boost' in COVID-19 aid →
McConnell said he agreed with Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin that agreement is needed on another aid package, even though some of his fellow Republicans in the Senate do not think so.
· Let’s not ignore the serial foreign policy failures of this administration →
In the midst of President Trump’s appalling failure to confront the novel coronavirus, the ensuing collapse of the economy and loss of respect and influence around the world, we should not lose track of the administration’s serial foreign policy failures and the degree to which Republicans enabled actions they deplored under President Barack Obama.
· Iowa court dismisses suit over coverage for sex reassignment →
Conservative Republicans in the Legislature passed the measure as part of a last minute addition to a human services budget bill in response to an Iowa Supreme Court ruling in March 2019.