“Resident” in the news
|population are resident|
|resident foreign nationals|
Publications and example sentences
· One more arrested in Nashik for threatening to kill Yogi Adityanath in bomb blast →
According to police, Kamran Khan is a resident of Chunabhatti in eastern suburbs of Mumbai.
· Republicans sue California over expanded mail-in voting →
The suspension includes several exemptions, including U.S. residents and spouses, siblings and children of U.S. citizens.
The New York Times
· Your Monday Briefing →
The protest underscored the outrage of residents after Beijing on Friday proposed new security laws that would tighten its control over Hong Kong.
· Myanmar army accused of new atrocities in attack on Rakhine village →
That night in March, he recalls, residents from Tin Ma village, in Rakhine state, clambered anxiously into boats, crossed the river, then trekked through foothills to seek refuge in the relative safety of a nearby town.
· Bleak Raya for blind masseurs and buskers who hardly earned a living during MCO →
For the PPR’s Block D residential committee chairman, Endi Susilo Tasiron, 34, the sizable blind community here makes the dynamics of residents interesting as other residents are able to help the less fortunate.
· INSIGHT-More patients than beds in Mumbai as India faces surge in virus cases →
As a result, resident doctors will receive less time off than what is prescribed by the federal government, the authority said.
The Japan Times
· Japanese government panel says time right to lift emergency in five prefectures →
While a European-style lock down isn’t legally possible in Japan, the state of emergency enabled local governments to instruct businesses to close or operate for shortened hours, and to ask residents to stay at home.
· Western Australia storm: 50,000 homes without power as state battered by wild weather →
Residents in the south-west were warned to unplug electrical appliances, avoid using landline phones if there was lightning, and stay away from windows.