“Resolution” in the news
|adopted a resolution|
|passed a resolution|
Publications and example sentences
· Black Hills files Wygen I power purchase settlement with FERC →
Black Hills (NYSE:BKH) says its Cheyenne Light, Fuel and Power utility submitted a settlement agreement with the Federal Energy Regulatory Committee, representing a resolution of all issues in the joint application by Cheyenne Light and Black Hills Wyoming for a proposed 60 MW power purchase agreement.
· How can education be secured in times of war? →
It recently adopted a resolution establishing September 9 as the International Day to Protect Education from Attack.
The New York Times
· Voices in an America in the Throes of Crisis →
This peaceful resolution on Sunday should serve as an example to the rest of the country.
The China Post
· Trudeau says Russia won’t be included in the G7 →
The U.S. House of Representatives also passed a bipartisan resolution in December 2019 that supported Russia’s previous expulsion from the annual gathering.
The New York Times
· Gay Couples Can Teach Straight People a Thing or Two About Arguing →
Gay men were less likely to go into fight-or-flight mode when they were in conflict, said the Gottmans, who are married, and they also reach resolutions more quickly than different-sex couples.
· Novus Therapeutics down big on failed ear infection study →
The study failed to achieve either primary efficacy endpoint of resolution of bulging tympanic membrane at visit 2 (day 4) or resolution of middle ear effusion at visit 3 (day 12).
· Trump's inaction after George Floyd's death speaks louder than words →
After a weekend of protests and bloodshed across the country, a group of House Democrats -- Reps. Ilhan Omar, Ayanna Pressley, Karen Bass and Barbara Lee – introduced a resolution to condemn police brutality.
· The National’s Aaron Dessner responds to bizarre false claim he is ‘antifa organiser’ →
“Like so many,” Dessner wrote, “I’m hoping for peaceful resolution and actual progress addressing these persistent issues in our society.”
· (LEAD) S. Korea sends rotational troops to South Sudan along with medical equipment →
South Korea began troop deployments to South Sudan in 2013 at the United Nation's request in accordance with a U.N. Security Council resolution aimed at assisting peaceful reconstruction work.
· World Bank: Palestinian economy could shrink by 11% →
”All sides must do their part in the coming weeks and months in order to preserve the prospect of a negotiated two-state resolution to the conflict,” Mladenov said.