“Resort” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Markets not paying attention to climate crisis, IMF warns →
The IMF functions as the global lender of last resort, bailing out countries in financial difficulty and issuing policy advice alongside its interventions.
· There's High-Quality Opportunity In Fixed Income Spread Assets Today →
Rick Rieder and Jacob Caplain contend that with profound uncertainties still present in the economy and markets, and the dislocations witnessed in many market segments in the past couple months, investors don't need to resort to lower-quality assets.
· An athlete, a father, a 'beautiful spirit': George Floyd in his friends' words →
“He was doing whatever it takes to maintain going forward with his life,” Harris said, adding he couldn’t believe that Floyd would resort to forgery.
The Wall Street Journal
· An Unlikely Hero for 1906, 1929...and Today →
A century ago, one banker was the lender of first resort when disasters hit.
· IOI Properties’ Q3 profit falls due to Covid-19 pandemic →
The property development and investment group, which also operates hotels and resorts, attributed the decrease in revenue to the lower performance from all operating segments due to the disruption to operating environment as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
· Cyprus offers to cover cost of holidays affected by coronavirus →
Popular islands that appear to have remained remarkably Covid-19 free are also joining the charm offensive, cutting prices at resorts and hotels with the aim of luring crowds when destinations are relinked to the outside world through direct international flights on 1 July.
· We shouldn't have to witness George Floyd's killing for it to spark outrage →
Showing the moment of someone’s death should be the last resort, when nothing else can cut through; when nothing else can spark a public reaction.
· Long wait for justice for Peter Ikin's friends as husband charged over death →
This from a woman who has many posts on her own Insta feed featuring links to various products, from hair styling contraptions to tropical resorts.
· Spain reports first suspected imported COVID-19 cases since March, in travellers from US →
Situated on Spain's Mediterranean coast, Valencia is home to tourist resorts such as Benidorm and Alicante.
· Boeing Likely To Be Main Casualty Of Chinese Economic Retaliation →
With new sanctions against China's Huawei set to be implemented, as well as other measures it is likely that China will resort to retaliation measures.