“Respond” in the news
|did not respond|
|does not respond|
|failed to respond|
|how to respond|
Publications and example sentences
The New York Times
· Hong Kong's Protest Movement, Faced with Beijing's Security Push, is In Crisis →
Protesters lobbed bricks and gasoline bombs, while officers responded with tear gas and rubber bullets.
· Facebook declines to take action against Trump statements →
Twitter responded to the president’s post, which suggested violence against protesters, by hiding it behind a warning label
· US businesses awake to 'sad day' in Hong Kong as Trump moves to squeeze economic ties →
The Hong Kong government ― which has a long history of working ties with US counterparts distinct from Beijing ― has yet to respond, although it warned on Thursday the move could be a double edged sword.
· Box Hill Institute slapped with flight school class action →
Soar Aviation did not respond.
· Zoom to roll out strong encryption for paying customers →
Providing full encryption to every meeting would mean that Zoom's trust and safety staff would not be able to monitor what is happening or respond effectively to abuse in real time, Stamos said.
· Visitor to Lake of Ozarks, criticized over crowded party, has COVID-19 →
The Hungarian Medical Chamber did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
The Japan Times
· How China tested 11 million people for the coronavirus in just two weeks →
Pressure from the government and society helped boost the numbers responding.
· George Floyd told police he was struggling to breathe before an officer put a knee on his neck →
Lane asked “should we roll him on his side” and Chauvin allegedly responded: “That’s why we have him on his stomach.”
· Protests spread to several US cities, force White House into lockdown →
Meanwhile President Donald Trump tried to walk back his Twitter threat to respond with deadly force to three days of violent protests in Minneapolis.