“Response” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Viral marketing: Indonesia’s president has a new rival →
Mr Anies tried to deflect criticism of his handling of the disaster by knocking the central government’s response.
· 57 Buffalo officers resign from special squad →
Nearly five dozen Buffalo police officers, specially trained for civil unrest, resigned from their roles on an emergency response team Friday after two colleagues were suspended for apparently shoving and seriously injuring a 75-year-old protester, officials said.
· Want to know where all those corporate donations for #BLM are going? Here's the list. →
Iconic American brands, from Facebook to Apple, have pledged financial support for the #BlackLivesMatter movement in response to the death of George Floyd — but many companies have yet to clarify where the money will go and how much they will donate.
· Will black lives ever matter in America? →
The Black Lives Matter group was established in 2013 in response to the killing of black teenager Trayvon Martin, an unarmed 17-year shot dead by a neighbourhood watch volunteer.
· ‘I’m so raw today’: Senators Harris and Booker give emotional speeches about anti-lynching bill blockage →
Democratic senators Kamala Harris and Cory Booker gave emotional responses in the Senate, to Rand Paul blocking a bill that would make lynching a federal crime.
· Entire police unit resigns 'in disgust' because two officers were suspended for pushing elderly man to ground →
The entire 57-member Emergency Response Team of the Buffalo Police Department has resigned after two members of the unit were suspended for pushing a 75-year-old to the ground during the George Floyd protests.
The New York Times
· People Are Marching Against Racism. They’re Also Reading About It. →
Penguin Young Readers had originally planned a first print run of 50,000 books, but in response to the demand it is seeing in pre-orders, it is printing an additional 100,000 copies.
· DC mayor inaugurates 'Black Lives Matter' Plaza near White House →
The slogan painted in huge yellow letters on the roadway, is in an apparent rebuke of President Donald Trump's militaristic response to US protests over police brutality.
· Report: Staff of Buffalo Police riot response team resigns →
All 57 officers on the Buffalo Police Department's Emergency Response Team resigned from the tactical unit in support of two colleagues who were suspended for their involvement in shoving a 75-year-old protester on Thursday, The Buffalo News reports.
· ‘Say her name’: Breonna Taylor and the underreported scourge of police violence against black women →
Police said they fired in response to the boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, firing his weapon.