“Restore” in the news
|attempt to restore|
|order to restore|
Publications and example sentences
· Transcript: Leon Panetta: Worthy Fights →
I mean, I, I was an intelligence officer in the army and I obviously did intelligence when I was Chief of Staff for the president,” but I said, “you know, I'm not quite sure whether it's a good fit,” he said, “well, the reason I'm selecting you, Leon, is because I think you can restore trust of the CIA,” which had been badly damaged because of the politics of the time.
The New York Times
· Outrage Over Tom Cotton’s Call for U.S. Troops to Quell Unrest →
Senator Cotton, Republican of Arkansas, writes: “One thing above all else will restore order to our streets: an overwhelming show of force to disperse, detain and ultimately deter lawbreakers.
· 13 mental health resources for black people trying to cope right now →
To help reduce the body's response to stress, which triggers the release of the hormone cortisol into the blood and puts a person on high alert, Barlow recommends activities like mindful meditation, a breathing exercise to restore calm, yoga practice, walking outside and feeling the sun, repeating affirmations, and writing down one's feelings.
· Obama steps out as nation confronts confluence of crises →
Biden, who served as Obama’s vice president, called this week for restoring some of the previous administration’s actions in the wake of Floyd’s death and the killing of other black Americans.
· Nancy Pelosi joins protests over police killing of George Floyd →
The president has also called for the use of military force to restore order in cities.
· Wizz Air Holdings Plc (WZZAF) CEO József Váradi on Q4 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Even if we were to restore the schedule in full completion for the second half of the year, we would need less pilots and cabin crew simply because we have lost a lot of productivity in the first time, first half of the year through the grounding, but some of it can be gained back in the second half.
· Inside Mark Zuckerberg’s tense meeting with Facebook employees: Here’s the transcript →
There was a legislator in Hong Kong who called for the police to come in and clear out and kill the protesters to restore order in society.
· Department of Transportation ban leaves fate of Chinese students in U.S. uncertain →
The department said the Chinese airlines suspension is intended to “restore a competitive balance and fair and equal opportunity among U.S. and Chinese air carriers.”
· Vera Bradley, Inc. (VRA) CEO Rob Wallstrom on Q1 2021 - Earnings Call Transcript →
Over two years ago, we embarked on Vision 2020, our aggressive three-year plan to restore the Vera Bradley brand and business to a healthy foundation and to return our company to solid growth.
The New York Times
· Tom Cotton: Send In the Military →
The nation must restore order.