“Retaliatory” in the news
Publications and example sentences
The New York Times
· As the U.S. Lashes Out at China, Beijing Hardens Its Resolve →
It has also held two Canadians, Michael Kovrig and Michael Spavor, in secret detention on state security charges widely viewed as retaliatory.
· Update On REMX- The Rare Earth Metals ETF →
The agreement created optimism that the tit-for-tat period of tariffs and retaliatory measures between the Chinese and US was over.
· Canada court ruling clears way for US extradition of Huawei executive →
Meng was detained on a US warrant during a flight stopover at Vancouver airport, and the ensuing spat between the United States and China has left Canada taking collateral damage in the form of punitive trade measures and the retaliatory detention of Canadian citizens in China.
· Go Long On SinoPharm Group's HKEX Ticker 1099:HK →
On the other hand, many publicly-traded American companies are vulnerable to China's retaliatory measures.
· California sues makers of Criminal Minds over sexual misconduct →
He unfairly criticised, socially ostracised and publicly shamed those who resisted him, the suit alleges, and executives overseeing the show routinely approved of the retaliatory firings he recommended.
The China Post
· California sues over sex misconduct on ‘Criminal Minds’ set →
He unfairly criticized, socially ostracized and publicly shamed those who resisted him, the suit alleges, and executives overseeing the show routinely approved of the retaliatory firings he recommended.