|rich and poor||金持ちと貧乏人|
· George Floyd: Donald Trump under fire as violence flares across America →
At the front of the Oval Room, a ritzy restaurant where guests have included former presidents George HW Bush and Bill Clinton, a protester sprayed red paint: “The rich aren’t safe anymore!”
· George Floyd protests: the US cities that became hotspots of unrest →
Marchers in Beverley Hills chanted: “Eat the rich.”
The New York Times
· Scott Walker’s ‘Reckless Agenda’ on Federal Aid →
As governor, Mr. Walker decimated funding for public schools and colleges, cut health care, and tried to destroy unions in favor of big tax cuts for the rich and corporations.
· Trafigura investigated for alleged corruption, market manipulation →
Before starting Trafigura, Dauphin worked for Marc Rich, a legendary commodities trader who was indicted in the US for tax evasion and for striking sanctions-busting oil deals with Iran.
· Thousands of us have suffered severe stress →
This rich heritage has recently been complemented by the creation of Birrarung Marr and the opening up of the river corridor.
· CBD Melbourne: Traces of loyalty in hunt for Turnbull superspreaders →
Australia’s minted tech duo, Mike Cannon-Brookes and Scott Farquhar, are sitting pretty on The Australian Financial Review’s pandemic rich list with fortunes totalling $18.7 billion and $18.5 billion respectively.
· Covid opens door to ideas new and old for a better economy →
Eat the Rich
· Patton Oswalt/Bob Rubin review – cuddly curmudgeon finds midlife bliss →
As per Bill Hicks on comedy and people getting hurt, midlife contentment (“Being married is the best!”) isn’t always the richest territory for standup.
The Wall Street Journal
· Natural Gas Is Losing Its Shine for Ship Operators →
But the coronavirus pandemic is hitting the market for natural gas hard, undercutting hopes for a rich new vein for profits on the water.
· Average Workers Can’t Bear Any More Risk →
With regard to child care and paid leave, the United States is a stark outlier among rich democracies.