“Rival” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Richmond and Collingwood clash to resume stalled AFL season →
Victorian heavyweights Richmond and Collingwood will kick-start the stalled season on 11 June, followed by a clash between arch rivals Geelong and Hawthorn the following night.
· South African president says lockdown to ease from June 1 →
Ramaphosa, who has been under pressure from rival political parties and a variety of industries to ease the restrictions, said following broad consultations the cabinet had decided to move the country to “level three” of its five-level lockdown system.
The New York Times
· ‘Billions’ Season 5, Episode 4: Hometown Hero →
So when he puts himself in contention for investing in an “opportunity zone” in an economically depressed area of Yonkers, his hometown, it’s easy for both the town worthies and his chief rival, Mike Prince, to paint him as a serial lam artist, one who will abandon Yonkers the moment it no longer proves useful to him.
· An Analysis Of Dropbox And Box For The Work-From-Home Era →
The company is seeing revenues grow at an average of 29% per year, which is higher than its rival, but there is still a decline from 30% to 19% last year.
· Afghan president to free up to 2,000 Taliban prisoners after ceasefire offer →
Government negotiators would be headed by Ghani's former bitter rival Abdullah Abdullah after the two signed a power-sharing deal last week that ended a months-long political crisis.
· No home rule: Bayern out to show Dortmund who's boss →
The Portugal star also netted twice in the 4-0 rout of arch rivals Schalke the previous weekend in the Ruhr derby.
The China Post
· CEO buys struggling New Zealand media company for $1 →
The deal brings to an end the efforts of rival media company NZME to buy Stuff.
· Seoul stocks open higher on vaccine hopes →
Internet portal giant Naver added 1.95 percent, while its local rival Kakao spiked 2.23 percent.
· ASX tipped for early gains as global tensions simmer →
Though perhaps somewhat short of that which analysts were tipping, the package rivals in nominal terms that which was rolled-out after the GFC.
· Commentary: Coronavirus has turned retail therapy into retail anxiety →
But the rival Hilton chain has just announced its CleanStay initiative in partnership with the manufacturer of Lysol disinfectant.