“Salvage” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Logging Victoria's burnt forest would hurt 30 threatened species, study says →
Conservationists say timber millers may be ‘subject to legal exposure’ if they accept logs from VicForests ‘salvage logging’
· SI All-American 2021 Watch List: 12 Florida State Seminoles Football Commits & 28 Key FSU Targets Named →
So that class really was more comprised of what Norvell was able to salvage from what his predecessor, Willie Taggart, had put together.
· SI All-American watch list: 13 Louisville Cardinals commits and 5 UofL targets named →
After taking over as the head coach of the Louisville Cardinals back in December of 2018, Scott Satterfield salvaged what he could on the recruiting trail following the mess left behind from Bobby Petrino.
· City votes to raze site where first Alaska flag was sewn →
Terry has said her idea would be to have a pavilion using some of the salvaged wood from the property along with storyboards detailing the history and historical importance of the home.
· Trump heads to Georgia as 'lights are flashing red' in state he won easily in 2016 | Analysis →
One way he helped salvage some Republican-held House seats in the 2018 midterm cycle was by holding raucous campaign rallies in those areas.
· Three US states break single-day records for coronavirus deaths →
The ebb and flow of the pandemic has governments scrambling to quash new outbreaks while attempting to salvage economies from the devastation of long shutdowns and travel restrictions.
· Brighton & Hove Albion-Southampton Preview →
Against United, Stuart Armstrong scored early and Michael Obafemi helped Southampton salvage a point with his stunning goal in the sixth minute of extra time.
· As NWSL Moves on to Knockout Games, Can Anyone Take Down the Courage? →
These teams unexpectedly played the most thrilling game of the competition to date, with Houston blowing a 3–1 lead—built behind Rachel Daly's double—and Utah rookie Tziarra King's scoring in the 89th minute to salvage the point.
· Netflix’s The Old Guard keeps the summer blockbuster alive →
Greyhound was originally set to debut in theaters before the pandemic hit, and Sony sold the rights to Apple to try to salvage its investment.
· Royal scandal: Could THIS royal lose his right to the throne? →
While King Felipe has done his part in salvaging a diminished reputation among the Spanish, it seems his father’s legacy has come back to haunt him - and republican sentiment is growing throughout the country.