· Astronomers warn 'wilderness' of southern night sky at risk from SpaceX satellites →
The night skies of Australia and New Zealand are globally renowned for their clarity, drawing tourists from across the world to dark sky sanctuaries such as Tekapo on New Zealand’s South Island and the Warrumbungle National Park in New South Wales.
· Protesters face two deadly pandemics, Buffalo police suspended and small businesses suffer →
Mourners paid tribute to Floyd inside a sanctuary at North Central University in Minneapolis Thursday, singing praises for their brother, father, uncle and friend who died at the age of 46.
· The Enlightenment of the Greengage Tree review – magic realism in Iran →
It is ostensibly the dead girl’s ghost who narrates how her bereaved parents, Reza and Hushang, her sister Beeta and brother Sohrab, sought “sanctuary and serenity” in the ancient forests of Mazandaran in northern Iran.
· Hong Kong protesters seek sanctuary overseas as noose tightens →
Last year, Germany granted sanctuary to two independence activists wanted for their involvement in a violent protest in 2016.
The New York Times
· Elephants, Long Endangered by Thai Crowds, Reclaim a National Park →
In 2018, a Thai construction tycoon was found in a wildlife sanctuary west of Khao Yai with a cache of weapons and the remains of a black leopard, a barking deer and a pheasant.
· Last redoubt: Pygmies return to forest to isolate against coronavirus →
Dzanga-Sangha, a wildlife sanctuary in southwest Central African Republic, is a remote place, linked to the rest of the world by a narrow trail that becomes impassable in heavy rain.
· Hours after George Floyd memorial, protesters call for justice in 10th night of demonstrations →
When the two-hour service was over and Floyd’s coffin was wheeled out of the sanctuary at North Central University in Minneapolis, the thousand or so waiting outside broke into chants of “We can’t breathe” and “No justice, no peace.
· New Zealanders perform haka dance outside U.S. Embassy during protest →
Mourners paid tribute to Floyd inside a sanctuary at North Central University in Minneapolis, singing praises for their son, brother, father and dear friend who died at the age of 46.