The New York Times
· Visit These Science-Fiction Worlds to Make Sense of Our Own →
I caught myself rereading my favorite parts the way Murderbot rewatches episodes of “Sanctuary Moon,” and I can’t recommend it enough.
The New York Times
· Step Chickens and the Rise of TikTok Cults →
Other cults include the Murder Hornets, the Griswolds, the Babbages, Duck Sanctuary, the Flamingos, the Cardi Army (as in “cardigan”), the Beardians, Gary Vee’s Fam and a cult called Jeff, which consists of several cults combined.
· The abuse faced by Dominic Cummings is horrific – but he’s the man who helped to created this monster →
Yet there was something about him being taunted and abused in his own street and at his home – which should be anyone’s place of sanctuary – that made me feel uncomfortable.
· The abuse faced by Dominic Cummings is horrific – but he's the man who helped to created this monster →
Yet there was something about him being taunted and abused in his own street and at his home – which should be anyone's place of sanctuary – that made me feel uncomfortable.
· Babette's Feast: Julian Baggini savours the ultimate lockdown movie →
But when Babette takes on the role of the sisters’ cook and housekeeper, seeking sanctuary from the fall of the Paris commune in 1871, she does so without complaint, not letting on about her prior life.
The China Post
· Slowly, surely, US houses of worship emerge from lockdown →
For the first time in two months, there was clapping, singing and fellowship inside Stithton Baptist Church in Radcliff, Kentucky, as members of the congregation returned to the sanctuary for Sunday morning services.
· The 'risky business' of tracking Rwandan fugitive Felicien Kabuga →
They actually stood outside the mosques and protected all Tutsi refugees who sought sanctuary inside, irrespective of their religion.
· Outrage at U-turn on promise to reunite child refugees with UK family →
Charities fear for safety of lone youngsters as draft text of Brexit negotiations shows Britain wants to end sanctuary
Hong Kong Free Press
· Today’s Hong Kong, tomorrow’s Taiwan: Protesters find help and sympathy across the strait →
Josh thinks Taiwan lacks a comprehensive system for political sanctuary.