· 8@eight: ASX set to bounce higher as Wall Street jumps →
ASX200 showing the scars of new-wave of lockdowns: The ASX200 fared slightly better yesterday, closing Monday’s trade practically flat, with SPI Futures pointing to a robust 1.4 per cent rebound for the index this morning, courtesy of the solid overnight lead.
· 'Vivek Oji' Is Very Much Alive In This Boundary-Breaking New Novel →
On the significance of the starfish-shaped scar on Oji's foot
· Broncos’ Ja’Wuan James skipping 2020 over COVID-19 concerns →
He got hurt on the 10th play of the season, in the opener at Oakland, and didn’t return until midseason when he tore scar tissue and the meniscus in his right knee.
· 'He's given us his word': Tigers probe Maguire over Cowboys rumours →
Tigers chief executive Justin Pascoe met with Maguire, who allayed the clubs concerns, however it's clear the scars still haven't healed from the Ivan Cleary saga less than two years ago, when the now-Panthers coach walked out on the club mid-contract.
· How the Pandemic Defeated America →
It needs a full accounting of every recent misstep and foundational sin, every unattended weakness and unheeded warning, every festering wound and reopened scar.
· Vikings season 6: Does Bjorn Ironside really love Ingrid? 'He had written off everything' →
When Thorunn/Porunn's injuries healed, she was left with a large V-shaped scar on the right-hand side of her face, making her feeling like a failure as a shield woman.
The New York Times
· Gymnasts Worldwide Push Back on Their Sport’s Culture of Abuse →
Many current and former competitors, emboldened by their American peers, have broken their silence in recent weeks against treatment they say created mental scars on girls that lasted well into adulthood.
· Sopel finds post-NHL purpose in sharing story about dyslexia →
I’ve got scars that will never go away.”
· Fear of losing driving Crows' poor form: Nicks →
He said the playing group and coaches on Sunday discussed at length not letting the run of losses leave a mental scar on the group.
The Japan Times
· With heavy hand, India rides out Kashmir’s year of disquiet →
SRINAGAR, India – The scars of last summer remain in Soura, an enclave that became a symbol of Kashmir’s resistance to India’s central government a year ago Wednesday.