“Scrap” in the news
|sold for scrap|
|up for scrap|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Tension mounts in Premier League relegation battle →
AFP Sport takes a closer look at the teams scrapping to preserve their top-flight status:
· Cabinet OKs gov't motion to seek ratification of key ILO conventions →
A submission of the bills last year was automatically scrapped with the end of the 20th parliament.
· The Latest: Young people most of Arizona’s confirmed cases →
The U.K. government announced last Friday that from July 10 it will scrap a requirement for people arriving from dozens of countries to spend 14 days in isolation.
· Live updates: U.S. reports record-high average of new coronavirus cases for 28th day →
The news came as plans to reopen the Taj Mahal monument were scrapped amid the rising number of cases, especially in the northern city of Agra, where the international tourist attraction is located.
· Workday Charity Open PGA Preview & Odds →
When the coronavirus pandemic forced the shutdown of the sports world, the PGA came up with the decision to scrap the John Deere and instead host back-to-back tournaments at Muirfield Village Golf in consecutive weeks.
· Everton verdict - Carlo Ancelotti could regret tactical test as complicated Andre Gomes question emerges →
But the upshot is that, at half-time and with Blues trailing to a Michael Keane own goal, he felt like he had little choice but to scrap it and go back to what they know.
· Premier League predictions: Lawro v DJ and Arsenal fan Joel Corry →
Kane was fed on scraps and, at times, their midfield seemed to be making too many passes and taking the easy option.
· D.C. Council reconsiders sweeping police reform bill →
A month after approving sweeping measures to overhaul policing in the nation’s capital as thousands demonstrated for racial justice, the D.C. Council is preparing to scrap the standards it set for using non-deadly force to stop suspects and delay the identification of officers who used deadly force.
· Tottenham edge Everton in match devoid of thrills to boost hopes of Europe →
That starting point meant that when Son had brought the ball into the box and Harry Kane failed to break through a bunch of blue shirts with an optimistic shot, Lo Celso was there to feed on the scraps.
· The Secrets She Keeps review – yummy mummy thriller is a guilty, predictable pleasure →
Take what you have learned from The Hand That Rocks the Cradle, through the aforementioned Gone Girl, put more recent memories of The Victim (that one with Kelly Macdonald), The Replacement (that one with Morven Christie and Vicky McClure) in order, stir in scraps from any story you have seen or read with a lost baby at its heart and you are away.