Segregation в новостях
|racial segregation||Расовая сегрегация|
Публикации и примеры предложений
The New York Times
· National Guard Called as Minneapolis Erupts in Solidarity for George Floyd →
Racial segregation in schools is growing faster in Minneapolis than in most places in the country, Mr. Orfield said.
· Jobless America: the coronavirus unemployment crisis in figures →
Experts say job segregation pushes black and Hispanic workers into low-paying industries, like hospitality, that come with little to no benefits and have been hit hardest.
The New York Times
· George Floyd Protests in Minneapolis: Live Updates →
The tension between the community and the 800-plus-officer force has unfolded in a predominantly white and progressive metropolis, where the white mayor openly discusses systemic racism, the police chief is a black man who embraces a community-oriented approach and residents elected two black transgender people to a City Council that has taken aggressive action to curb racial segregation.
· As 100,000 die, the virus lays bare America's brutal fault lines – race, gender, poverty and broken politics →
Decades of segregation, decrepit housing, joblessness, stress, police brutality, poor hospitals, lack of health insurance, failing schools – these are also relevant factors that the White House tends to gloss over.
· Alarm over five suicides in six days at prisons in England and Wales →
The containment of the outbreak in prisons has been driven by a highly restrictive regime involving increased time in cells, segregation and a ban on all visits – a regime that PHE has said will need to remain in place until April next year.
The China Post
· Denmark residents sue over laws for dismantling ‘ghettos’ →
The legislation, adopted in 2018 for the stated purpose of reducing residential segregation, permitted actions such as the eviction of some residents and the sale of homes to private investors to reduce the amount of affordable public housing in these areas to a maximum of 40% by 2030.
· Asymptomatic staff test positive for Covid-19 at Somerset hospital →
All inpatients have been tested for the virus and there is “appropriate segregation in place for patient care”, University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS foundation trust said in an update on Tuesday evening.
· Add some township jive! How London's jazz scene set itself apart →
“They didn’t divorce it from its American history, from notions of slavery and segregation.
· Understanding ceramic ‘mortar’ of materials may reveal ways to improve them →
Since the 1970s, researchers have been aware of similar radiation-induced segregation in metal alloys.