|attempt to seize||押収しよう|
|attempted to seize||押収しようとした|
|seize the throne||玉座をつかむ|
· China Roundup: A blow to US-listed Chinese firms and TikTok's new global face →
China’s new trillion-dollar plan to seize the tech crown (Bloomberg)
The Rio Times
· Brazil’s Socialism and Liberty Party Urges Supreme Court to Investigate and Remove Minister Augusto Heleno After Note →
The Chief of Institutional Security, General Augusto Heleno, threatened the Supreme Court after ruling to seize Bolsonaro cell phones.
· COVID-19 is costing drug cartels millions of dollars →
“So when we come across them, instead of seizing $100,000, we seize $1 million or several million dollars.”
· Race, wealth and public spaces: US beaches are a new flashpoint of the lockdown →
Unlike parks, many beaches have also been at least partly closed throughout the lockdown, and when they open people might seize the opportunity in droves.
· Poland picks chief justice candidates amid judicial overhaul →
However, critics argue the reforms have been an attempt, sometimes unconstitutional, to seize control over the judiciary.
· Afghan Taliban announce three-day ceasefire →
Nato Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg also welcomed the ceasefire, urging all parties to “seize this opportunity for peace, for the benefit of all Afghans.”
· Libya: GNA-aligned forces retake military camps near Tripoli →
The GNA's surge has put pressure Haftar's 13-month campaign to seize the capital Tripoli and has squeezed his foreign backers Russia, Egypt and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
· Haaland, Ronaldo, Streltsov and the miracle of simplicity →
Haaland, Ronaldo and Streltsov scored those goals not only because they were stronger and quicker than opponents but because the space opened up for them and they had the awareness to identify and seize the opportunity, to know when to push the ball into a gap and at what pace, to know when the forces would align in such a way that defenders could be brushed aside.
· Europe's Covid predicament – how do you solve a problem like the anti-vaxxers? →
While scientists predict that immunising about 70% of the population could be sufficient for the virus to vanish, there are concerns that a noisy minority could seize the narrative around vaccination.
· ‘I was told to stop Julian Assange if he tried to flee’: on the beat with the UK’s volunteer police →
Four hundred specials were part of a recent operation to seize knives across London during lockdown.