|seized the opportunity||機会をつかんだ|
|seized the throne||王位を握った|
· Active Indonesian human trafficker among 13 detained in Johor →
Ayob Khan added that they also seized a Proton Saga, 30 units of mobile phones, RM990 cash and 755,000 Indonesian rupiahs.
· Penang cops bust drug syndicate masterminded by security guards →
Seberang Perai Utara (SPU) district police chief ACP Noorzainy Mohd Noor said in five raids over the weekend, police arrested six men and seized 39,892 yaba pills worth RM398,500.
· Yemen: UN makes urgent funding plea as vital operations end →
Tuesday's conference will be co-hosted for the first time by Saudi Arabia - a major player in Yemen's civil war since it first unleashed a bombing campaign in 2015 to try to push back the Iran-aligned Houthis who seized the northern half of the country.
· CMCO: MMEA foils attempt to smuggle out drugs worth RM2.67m →
The seized drugs were then brought to Batu Pahat Maritime Zone office and the case is being investigated under the Dangerous Drugs Act 1952, he added.
· Turkey's restaurants, cafes and iconic Grand Bazaar reopen →
The bazaar -- which was built in 1455 just two years after the Ottomans seized Istanbul, then known as Constantinople -- is home to almost 3,000 shops where more than 30,000 people work.
Hong Kong Free Press
· Beijing warns US of retaliation over Hong Kong curbs →
In Beijing, Zhao also seized on ongoing anti-racism protests in the US to accuse the US of hypocrisy, calling racism “a chronic disease of American society”.
· World Bank: Palestinian economy could shrink by 11% →
The coastal territory has been under an Israeli and Egyptian blockade since the Islamic militant group Hamas seized power from rival Palestinian forces in 2007.
· China says US protests show 'chronic disease' of racism →
Chinese diplomats and state media have seized on the violent unrest sparked by the death of George Floyd to accuse the US of hypocrisy and compare American protesters with demonstrators in Hong Kong.
The New York Times
· William Barr’s State of Emergency →
But when I brought up Trump’s tweet about Michigan, which he posted that same morning, Barr quickly seized the opportunity to float a new theory: that foreign governments might conspire to mail in fake ballots.
The China Post
· UN forced to cut aid to Yemen, even as virus increases need →
Tuesday’s conference will be co-hosted for the first time by Saudi Arabia — a major player in Yemen’s civil war since it first unleashed a bombing campaign in 2015 to try to push back the Iranian-backed Houthis who had seized the northern half of the country.