Senator en las noticias
Colocaciones de ejemplo
|elected senator||Senador electo|
|former senator||Ex senador|
|state senator||Senador estatal|
Publicaciones y oraciones de ejemplo
· Democrats to introduce sweeping police misconduct and racial bias reform bill →
Sponsoring the bill are California’s Karen Bass, the chairwoman of the Congressional Black Caucus, which took the lead on drafting the legislation; Jerry Nadler of New York, chairman of the House Judiciary Committee; Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey; and Senator Kamala Harris of California.
The New York Times
· The Class of 2020 Is Missing Out, and So Are Politicians →
“You have people of all different backgrounds gathered,” said Senator Cory Booker, a Democrat from New Jersey, who delivered two dozen virtual commencement speeches this spring.
· Washington mayor stands up to Trump and unveils Black Lives Matter mural →
Trump and Utah senator Mike Lee, a fellow Republican, denounced Bowser for “kicking out” the personnel.
· Technical committee to be set up to empower Nasyid industry →
KUALA LUMPUR, June 6 — A technical committee will be set up to draft the nasyid industry redevelopment plan to strengthen the industry, said Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department (Religious Affairs) Senator Datuk Dr Zulkifli Mohamad al-Bakri.
· Washington Mayor Bowser, ‘unbought and unbossed,’ challenges Trump →
Like other elected officials in Washington over the years, Bowser has advocated statehood for the District of Columbia, which has no voting members of Congress even as states with smaller populations have two senators and one member of the House of Representatives.
· US election 2020: Joe Biden formally wins Democratic Party nomination →
It then became a two-horse race with the Vermont senator Mr Sanders, who was seen as a progressive candidate challenging incumbent Democrats.
The New York Times
· Pentagon Ordered National Guard Helicopters’ Aggressive Response in D.C. →
“What we saw on Monday night was our military using its equipment to threaten and put Americans at risk on American soil,” said Senator Tammy Duckworth, an Illinois Democrat and former Army Black Hawk pilot.
· The Trump Regime Is Beginning to Topple →
Jim Mattis’s excoriation of his old boss prodded Trump’s former chief of staff Jim Kelly and Senator Lisa Murkowski of Alaska to echo his condemnation of the president.
· Biden secures Democratic presidential nomination for November showdown against Trump →
He fared slightly better in the Nevada caucus, coming in second to Sanders — but finishing with less than half the votes earned by the Vermont senator.
· Das Boot: this tense submarine thriller is 'TV for dads' that the rest of us can enjoy →
Season two opens with a thrilling series of above-ground plot points, all poised to interlace: a French resistance operative working as a double agent in an SS-operated police department; a grieving soldier desperate to find his abandoned daughter; a too-trusting senator’s son and the U-boat engineer he scooped up out of the sea, schmoozing through the nightclubs of Harlem.