· Airline stocks take off as Trump backs additional $25B for industry →
More than a dozen Republican senators earlier Wednesday said they backed the extension of aid.
The New York Times
· Employers Are Discriminating Against Mothers During the Coronavirus Pandemic →
In June, Senator Cory Booker introduced legislation that would, in a simple and straightforward way, protect all mothers — and fathers, and other family caregivers — from employment discrimination.
· Judge, Shielding Cop Via 'Qualified Immunity,' Asks Whether It Belongs In 'Dustbin' →
Senator, had been pulled over seven times in one year — and that he'd even been stopped in the Capitol building.
The New York Times
· Congress’s Ideological Divide Has Stymied Aid for Pandemic-Stricken Schools →
In negotiations with Mark Meadows, the White House chief of staff, and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, Ms. Pelosi and Senator Chuck Schumer of New York, the Democratic leader, have increased the amount of aid they believe needs to go to public schools.
· How Hotel Chains Got a Slice of Government Aid for Small Businesses →
“Is it really surprising that a Senator who represents ‘Vacationland’ would try to help the hospitality sector and all of the workers it employs?” Collins’ spokesman, Christopher Knight, said in a statement, referring to Maine’s nickname.
· Bangkok casino gunman’s killer surrenders, confesses →
The panel learned from the chief judge of Southern Bangkok Criminal Court that police had requested the warrant be cancelled but the move was opposed by a group led by former Bangkok senator […]
· Report: Bersatu’s uneasy alliance with DAP among main reasons party defected from Pakatan, says deputy minister →
KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 6 — Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia’s (Bersatu) bitter relationship, one filled with “dissonance”, with former Pakatan Harapan (PH) allies DAP was among the determining factors that led to the party’s eventual exit from their former coalition, said Senator Wan Ahmad Fayhsal Wan Ahmad Kamal.
· No special rules: Fortnight quarantine for Victorians to attend Federal Parliament →
All Victorian federal MPs and senators, including Treasurer Josh Frydenberg and Health Minister Greg Hunt, will be forced into 14-days of self-quarantine from Saturday if they want to attend federal parliament later this month.
· COVID-19 update: 2 new cases found in state quarantine, no new deaths (August 6) →
Senator questions the admission of US troops during state of emergency