Senator trong tin tức
Ví dụ collocations
|elected senator||Bầu thượng nghị sĩ|
|former senator||Cựu thượng nghị sĩ|
|state senator||Thượng nghị sĩ tiểu bang|
Thành ngữ và cụm từ →
Các ấn phẩm và câu ví dụ
· Proud of India for standing up to Chinese aggression: US Senator →
A top US Senator has praised the Indian government for standing up to Chinese aggression in a border dispute, hoping this would prompt other countries to be fearless in their handling of China.
· Fridays now declared ‘Jawi Day’, effective today, says minister Zulkifli →
Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department (Religious Affairs), Senator Datuk Zulkifli Mohamad al-Bakri said in a statement today the proposal which was made in the Cabinet meeting on July 8, had the full support of all the ministers.
· US sanctions Chinese officials over repression of minorities →
In response to the AP investigation, 78 senators and members of Congress signed a letter urging the Trump administration to sanction Chinese officials and call for a U.N. probe into whether the actions in Xinjiang constitute genocide.
· Joe Biden pledges New Deal-like economic agenda to counter Donald Trump →
As a senator, Biden voted for the North American Free Trade Agreement in 1994.
· US senators press Trump over detention of Saudi ex-spy's children →
Four US senators have urged President Donald Trump to help free the detained children of a former top Saudi intelligence official exiled in Canada, according to a joint letter released Thursday.
· Bolivia's President Anez tests positive for coronavirus →
Anez, a conservative former senator, assumed the interim president role in the political vacuum and initially said she would not run for full office, but later threw her hat in the ring.
· US imposes sanctions on senior Chinese officials over Uighur abuses →
In response to an Associated Press investigation, 78 senators and members of Congress signed a letter urging the Trump administration to sanction Chinese officials and call for a UN inquiry into whether the actions in Xinjiang constituted genocide.
The New York Times
· Bolivia President, Jeanine Añez, Tests Positive for Coronavirus →
A quirk in Bolivian Constitution made Ms. Añez, then a senator from a remote tropical region, the caretaker president until the new elections.
· Live updates: As coronavirus hospitalizations climb, Trump sidelines health advisers →
Áñez, a 53-year-old right-wing senator and religious conservative backed by the Trump administration, assumed power last year in a political deal with opposition parties, the Catholic Church and the European Union, following the flight from the country of the socialist ex-president Evo Morales amid accusations of election fraud.
The New York Times
· Conservatives, Don’t Give Up on Your Principles or the Supreme Court →
After the Bostock v. Clayton County decision, which held that discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is forbidden by the 1964 Civil Rights Act — Senator Josh Hawley, Republican of Missouri, said, “if textualism and originalism give you this decision, if you can invoke textualism and originalism in order to reach such a decision — an outcome that fundamentally changes the scope and meaning and application of statutory law — then textualism and originalism and all of those phrases don’t mean much at all.”