· In Johor, unemployed man sentenced to five months’ jail for trespassing into Istana Pasir Pelangi →
JOHOR BARU, May 27 — A 35-year-old unemployed man was sentenced to five months' jail by the Magistrate's Court here today for trespassing into Istana Pasir Pelangi’s palace grounds here last week.
· Victorian court quashes Katia Pyliotis's murder conviction after judge's 'boring' lawyer comment →
Prosecutors had also appealed against the sentence, urging the appeal court to increase her time behind bars.
The China Post
· Huawei CFO Meng to find out if her fraud case will proceed →
China also handed a death sentence to a convicted Canadian drug smuggler in a sudden retrial.
The China Post
· Swift firings for Minneapolis officers in death of black man →
“Being Black in America should not be a death sentence.
· Dead man's family urge ice-using driver to do something with her life →
The now-27-year-old will be sentenced at a later date.
· Insanely tense prison break at the heart of new Radcliffe film →
The doyen of the political prisoners at Pretoria is Denis Goldberg (Ian Hart), 15 years into a 22-year sentence.
· From the Archives, 1988: Russell Cox arrested after a decade on the run →
He graduated to more serious crime, including assault and armed robbery, and was sentenced to 12 years’ jail in 1975.
· Woman's murder conviction quashed after judge's 'boring' comments →
Prosecutors had also appealed the sentence, urging the appeal court to increase her time behind bars.
Hong Kong Free Press
· Explainer: How a new law may see Hongkongers jailed for 3 years for parodying the national anthem →
Malaysia’s National Anthem Act punishes those who publicly disrespect its anthem by imposing a sentence of a 100 ringgit (HK$178) fine or one month’s imprisonment.