· Saudi Arabia seeks to raise US$2.3 billion in Yemen donor conference →
Further muddying the waters are tensions between two anti-Huthi allies - the Yemeni government and southern separatists, which declared self-rule in southern Yemen on Apr 26.
· Saudi seeks to raise $2.3 bn in Yemen donor conference →
Further muddying the waters are tensions between two anti-Huthi allies -- the Yemeni government and southern separatists, which declared self-rule in southern Yemen on April 26.
The New York Times
· Trump and Putin Discuss Russia’s Attendance at G7, but Allies Are Wary →
Mr. Trump has often spoken of readmitting Russia to the Group of 7, but the idea has failed to gain traction with the alliance’s other members, although President Emmanuel Macron of France said in 2019 that the move could be “appropriate” if Russia were to resolve the conflict in eastern Ukraine, where it has supported a pro-Moscow separatist movement.
The China Post
· Russian general chafes at “provocative” NATO drills →
Russia-West relations have sunk to post-Cold War lows after the 2014 Russian annexation of Ukraine’s Crimean Peninsula and Moscow’s support for a separatist insurgency in eastern Ukraine.
· Spanish PM Sanchez to extend lockdown a final time to Jun 21 →
Despite opposition to the most recent lockdown extension from parties on the right and demonstrations across Spain, Sanchez has struck a deal with a Catalan separatist party Esquerra Republicana de Catalunya (ERC) which should guarantee his minority government secures enough support to extend the lockdown.
· El Pais: Spain to extend lockdown to 21st June →
Despite opposition to the last lockdown extension from parties on the right and demonstrations in the streets across Spain, Sanchez struck a deal with the Catalan separatist party Esquerra Republicana de Catalunya (ERC) which should guarantee his minority government wins the parliamentary vote.
· Wars without end: why is there no peaceful solution to so much global conflict? →
Meanwhile, al-Qaida terrorists are exploiting the chaos and southern separatists based in Aden have gained ground.