“Serious” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Nikola's (NKLA) CEO Mark Russell on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
So, that's when we got serious about it and said, I think the world wants us to build this darn thing, but it wasn't in the plan before.
· My first drive in an electric car was going swimmingly – until the warning light flashed →
If matters had got really serious, who would have come to the rescue?
· PC Andrew Harper's widow launches 'Andrew's Law' campaign →
The jail terms handed to the three teenagers who killed PC Harper as they tried to escape the scene of a crime are being considered by the attorney general under a scheme designed to let members of the public ask for a serious crown court sentence from England or Wales to be reviewed over concerns it was too lenient.
· Samsung's Galaxy Note 20 ships August 21, starting at $1,000 →
And mid-next month, the Note 20 will be getting Xbox Game Pass access, with 100+ games, as Samsung looks to position its high-end handsets as more serious mobile gaming devices.
The New York Times
· ‘Godspell’ in 2020: Masks, Partitions and a Contactless Crucifixion →
But if actors or audience get sick, that would be a serious setback.
· Heartbroken mother calls on drivers to drop 'she'll be right' attitude →
Newly published research has found the risk of having a serious injury in a head-on crash occurs at a much lower speed than previously found.
· How to fill the tradie skills gap: women →
With governments focused on infrastructure investment to stave off mass employment and lift productivity, there should also be serious thought given to using this investment to broaden the skilled worker opportunities for neglected sources of labour: women, Indigenous Australians and people with disabilities.
· Elderly residents to return to site of deadliest COVID-19 outbreak →
Officers continue to encounter violence as they enforce the new rules, with an officer injured at a checkpoint on the Maroondah Highway in Coldstream and two others threatened with serious injury in Geelong.
The New York Times
· Lebanon's Explosion Is Down to Incompetence →
The consequences of yesterday’s explosion will be even more serious than the immediate casualties and property damage.
· 'It's creepy and uncomfortable': the sexism, harassment and assault faced by female standups →
Both were shocked to find they experienced sexism among men in the industry regularly, alongside less frequent but more serious sexual harassment, and that for established female artists this was considered a hazard of the job.