“Serious” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· 'Progress will be lost': Funding cuts to hit Aboriginal child protection →
“There is a commitment within the NSW government to the right to self-determination, and if you are serious as a government and a bureaucracy about working in partnership with our people… then you can't possibly chip away at the resources that AbSec have.”
The New York Times
· Do I Have Permission to Corona-Shame My Friend? →
My husband is suffering from a serious illness that is not coronavirus related.
· CBD Melbourne: King leaves empty throne at Melbourne Symphony →
The question of how to bridge a serious rift between musicians and the executive team at Melbourne’s Symphony Orchestra must be front of mind for boss Sophie Galaise.
The China Post
· US economy shrank at 5% annual rate in Q1 →
If the relaxing of stay-at-home rules results in a second wave of the coronavirus that could be a serious setback to efforts to get consumers out shopping again in stores and eating in restaurants.
· Natural Gas Powerburn: Fuel Switching, Summer Outlook And What It Means For Gas Prices And Energy Stocks →
By this point in the typically tranquil Shoulder Season, natural gas investors have undoubtedly developed a serious case of whiplash as multiple bullish and bearish catalysts have led to spectacular spikes and sell-offs in the sector.
The China Post
· Manhunts after hundreds flee quarantine in Zimbabwe, Malawi →
These escapees are becoming a serious danger to communities,” Nyathi said.
· Mediwound, An Attractive Opportunity Through The Coronavirus Crisis →
Patients with severe burn injuries must go through debridement and skin grafting to restore burned skin areas while less serious injuries are left to self-heal.
· California readies for 'realistic' nightmare — raging wildfires during a pandemic →
“It won’t spread better, but people will have serious complications.”
· Bulls Vs. Bears: We Share Our Views →
Our Verdict: We believe this is an idea that will gain serious traction should the markets start testing the lows or if the unemployment numbers remain stubborn despite repeated interventions.