“Settle” in the news
|allowed to settle|
|began to settle|
|decided to settle|
Publications and example sentences
· Net 1 UEPS Technologies, Inc. (UEPS) CEO Herman Kotzé on Q3 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
To conclude on our activities in South Africa, we have been unable to settle all of the claims and counterclaims between our subsidiary Cash Paymaster Services, or CPS, and SASSA through dialogue, and we accordingly decided that the most appropriate course of action would be to place CPS into bankruptcy protection or business rescue as it is referred to in South Africa.
· NetApp, Inc. (NTAP) CEO George Kurian on Q4 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
And we’ll factor that over time as it settles into what the new normal looks like.
· Plantronics, Inc. (PLT) Interim CEO Bob Hagerty on Q4 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
So as we look forward, the question is, it is now pretty settled out where your market share is what it is and you will ride the tide assuming that demand goes up would work from home, it's really a matter of the degree of demand as opposed to gaining or losing share?
· The Descartes Systems Group Inc. (DSGX) CEO Ed Ryan on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Or they settled down to a lower level and what might be returned from that?
The New York Times
· ‘I Have a Dream’ →
I did a second round of brainstorming, and we settled on three solid 15s in a 72-word grid.
· Thailand found failing to log fishermen's complaints of abuse and slavery →
Two months later, the Raks Thai Foundation helped him to pursue his complaint but it was not recorded and labour officials chose instead to settle the dispute with his boss.
· Arizona sues Google over claims it illegally tracked location of Android users →
YouTube settled with the FTC last year for violations of Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), while Google is currently under investigation by all 50 state attorneys general and the subject of a broader antitrust probe led by the Justice Department.
· Stocks rally on EU stimulus plan, euro gains →
US crude settled down 4.48 per cent to US$32.81 (RM142.74) per barrel and Brent was at US$34.74, down 3.95 per cent on the day.
· Travelling or telecommuting – how COVID-19 could affect public transport costs in Singapore →
“These measures are aimed to minimise people from producing aerosolised droplets that go on to infect others or settle on surfaces,” said Prof Teo.
The New York Times
· Steve Hann, Sidewalk Bookseller With a Brainy Following, Dies at 67 →
Mr. Hann began selling books and CDs in stores in the Morningside Heights section of Manhattan starting at least in the early 1980s, before settling into his longtime spot on Broadway between 112th and 113th Streets.