“Settlement” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Archaeologists find a way to look for ancient beer →
Heiss and his colleagues also studied grain residues left in containers from three lakeshore settlements in Germany and Switzerland, also dating back to around 5,000 years ago.
The New York Times
· Charles Kleinberg, Muted Prosecutor With a Sharp Calculus, Dies at 71 →
In one case, Mr. Kleinberg and several colleagues in the Eastern District reached a $2 billion settlement in 2018 with Barclays Capital, which had been accused of misleading investors in deals backed by overvalued subprime home mortgages.
· Gold, miners down sharply after shocking U.S. jobs gain →
Comex August gold (XAUUSD:CUR) -2.5% at $1,683.50/oz., and a settlement around the current level would be the lowest for a most-active contract since April 3; also, July silver (XAGUSD:CUR) -2.9% to $17.54/oz.
· Lakeside office with views looks for suitable match →
Michael Sholakis’ Hillsyde Group paid $3.1 million for the 2-4 Vale Street property on a speedy 14-day settlement.
· Trafficking fears as hundreds of Nigerian refugees, some pregnant, vanish →
The figures, obtained from the refugee settlement agency COA using freedom of information legislation, show pregnant women are among those who vanished, Argos said.
· Protests in occupied West Bank against Israeli annexation plan →
In Tulkarem, in the northern West Bank, dozens of demonstrators waved Palestinian flags and chanted slogans against Israeli settlements and the plans, which could move ahead as soon as next month.
· Fear stops Rohingya getting tested as virus hits refugee camps →
But aid workers fear the coronavirus may be spreading faster through the world’s largest refugee settlement than the 29 cases confirmed since mid-May would indicate.
· From Zelda to Civ to Frostpunk—can climate change be fun? →
Unlike previous Civilization games, if a player wants to build powerful settlements, they must invest resources in exploiting the particular terrain around a potential city, such as building a water-wheel next to a river or digging a mine beneath a mountain.
· A New Saba Target: First Trust Senior Floating Rate Income Fund II →
After more than three years, the parties settled and the settlement was less than the amount escrowed by the fund.
· Israel's West Bank plans condemned by leading British Jewish figures →
The move would be seen as evidence of Israel’s rejection of a negotiated peace settlement involving the creation of a Palestinian state alongside the Israeli state.