“Shooting” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Two shot dead at Memorial Day weekend party that attracted 1,000 people despite coronavirus lockdowns →
Union County Sheriff David Taylor told The Independent that deputies responded to the party in Jonesville on Saturday night due to noise complaints and hundreds of vehicles parked on public roads when the shooting began.
The New York Times
· Even on Memorial Day, ‘You Can’t Escape’ Coronavirus →
Six people were also wounded in a shooting.
· US DOJ probing Arbery slaying as possible hate crime, lawyers say →
The arrests were made only after a video emerged of the shooting, stirring national outcry.
· 'Terrace House' star Kimura likely took her own life using toxic gas →
Fuji TV had already stopped shooting of the show due to the coronavirus spread.
· FBI investigating Ahmaud Abery shooting as possible hate crime, lawyer says →
The FBI is investigating the shooting of Ahmaud Arbery, a black jogger, by two white men as a possible hate crime, the Arbery’s attorney said Monday, claiming that federal authorities had launched a criminal inquiry into two district attorneys and the police department involved in the case.
· 'Armed and dangerous' student on run after allegedly killing two people and kidnapping a girl in crime spree →
From Sandy Hook, Peter Manfredonia has been a vocal critic of gun violence following the school shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary school
· Hundreds take part in parade to mark first birthday of boy who lost both parents in El Paso shooting →
A boy who lost both of his parents in a mass shooting at an El Paso, Texas, Walmart last year has celebrated his first birthday – and he did not celebrate it alone.
· Questions remain after US cop kills Muslim man who 'threw rocks' →
It is the 38th officer-involved shooting that GBI has been asked to investigate so far this year, according to a tweet from GBI Public Affairs Director Nelly Miles.
· Donald Trump, the Most Unmanly President →
He even fantasized about how he would have charged into the middle of the school shooting in Parkland, Florida, without a weapon.
· How We Made: Airplane! →
Jim came to me and said: “Tomorrow we’re shooting the scene where you’re boring the Japanese general and we need more dialogue.” I had a heart attack because I’m not a writer.