· Cultivating CRISPR For Crops →
“Shortly thereafter, Jennifer Doudna and Emmanuelle Charpentier at UC Berkeley demonstrated how CRISPR can edit genes in bacteria, and then Zhang Feng from the Broad Institute demonstrated that it can also edit genes in eukaryotes, which are higher organisms.”
· Brazil stands by hydroxychloroquine despite WHO suspending trials →
It was issued shortly after the resignation of former health minister Nelson Teich, who reportedly quit over Bolsonaro's insistence on pushing the drugs despite a lack of solid evidence.
The Japan Times
· Branson’s Virgin Orbit fails on first rocket launch attempt →
However, the mission terminated shortly into the flight.
· Trump threatens to move convention if arena can't be 'full' →
Trump's tweets about the August RNC in Charlotte came shortly days after North Carolina's largest daily increase in coronavirus virus cases yet.
· Boris Johnson's senior adviser refuses to apologise for lockdown breach – as it happened →
Hi, Helen Sullivan joining you now – I’ll be bringing you the latest developments for the next few hours, and a summary of the most recent developments shortly.
· Ibrahimovic suffers potential Achilles injury, say reports →
He suffered a calf injury shortly after signing in January.
· Trump fumes on Twitter as media slams pandemic golf outing →
The Republican leader went on to say that in 2014 Obama flew to his home state of Hawaii shortly after he had publicly denounced the beheading of American hostage James Foley by Islamic State militants.