· Australian economy must come off Covid-19 ‘life support’, PM to say →
The Reserve Bank of Australia expects the economy to shrink by 10 per cent in the first half of this year, marking its first recession in three decades, while unemployment is expected to top 10 per cent.
· Japan's small clinics driven to brink as coronavirus-wary patients stay home →
His clinic, which employs seven staff, made it through the storm relatively unscathed because it is close to a major train station, although April revenue shrank 17per cent on the month.
· 4 Global Perspectives On The Coronavirus →
Mark McCombe: As you think about something like our defined contribution business, we were very worried about how people would see all of the red ink as their retirement savings had perhaps shrunk as a result of this.
· India’s Second Plague: Locusts →
At a media conclave held in Alwar district, Rajasthan by Delhi-based think tank Centre for Science and Environment in February, experts attributed the proliferation of locusts to changing weather patterns and shrinking wildlife habitats, among others.
· The coronavirus is threatening diversity in academia →
“We need to think about what we as institutions want to preserve and how we can best preserve it instead of only looking at the crisis as a reason to just keep shrinking,” Rana Jaleel, an assistant professor of gender, sexuality and women’s studies at University of California, Davis, said.
· Weekly S&P 500 ChartStorm - Downgrades, Dividends, Buybacks →
As the denominator shrinks, the quotient skyrockets.
The Japan Times
· Suicide note written by pro wrestler and ‘Terrace House’ star Hana Kimura discovered →
After one of the male cast members shrank one of her expensive wrestling costumes after accidentally mixing it with his clothes and washing it in a washing machine, Kimura was seen yelling at him.
· Occidental Petroleum: The Uncle, The Oracle And The $40 Billion In Debt →
What if the global economy shrinks 20-30% as a result of a once in a generation virus?
· Japan lifts state of emergency for Tokyo, 4 other prefectures →
Japan has plunged into its first recession since 2015, data published last week showed -- shrinking by 0.9 percent in the first quarter -- and the specter of deflation is looming after consumer prices in March logged their first drop in more than three years.
The China Post
· German economy shrinks by 2.2% in Q1 over virus downturn →
BERLIN (AP) — The German economy shrank by 2.2% in the first quarter of the year compared to the same period in 2019 amid a global downturn linked to the coronavirus pandemic.