“Sideline” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· John McGinn: 'We need to keep Villa in the league, no matter what' →
Although deeply frustrated at being forced to watch from the sidelines as his team slipped into the relegation zone, McGinn says his sympathy for the misfortunes of others made sure he never felt too sorry for himself even before the pain inflicted on so many by Covid-19.
· Coronavirus cases in Pakistan cross 61,000-mark, death toll soars to 1,260 →
Meanwhile, the Foreign Office said under Pakistan’s leadership, a representative group of developing and developed countries, and major financial institutions, have commenced informal consultations on the sidelines of the United Nations to evolve agreement on some measures and practical actions to address the debt challenge of the developing countries.
The Japan Times
· Twitter’s fact-checking of Trump sets difficult precedent →
After years of staying on the sidelines as U.S. President Donald Trump pushed falsehoods and questionable information on its social media service, Twitter on Tuesday took the unprecedented step of publicly rebutting two of Trump’s tweets.
· Abortion 'doulas' in Chile risk prison, saying women need their help →
And as patients with COVID-19 swamp the region’s hospitals, the doula is worried that women seeking assistance for abortions could be sidelined.
The Japan Times
· Masayoshi Son’s SoftBank strained by losses and infighting at the top →
The clash with Claure began after Sama was sidelined, according to SoftBank executives familiar with the matter.
· High Yield Savings Account: Adding Capital One And ~$100 →
Again, I am no longer sitting on the sidelines.
· Denmark returns to action with fans taking their usual places via Zoom →
In the opening fixture AGF Aarhus welcome local rivals Randers but it is on the sidelines where history will really be made.
· My community loved Dad until he retired from football and needed a job →
At Guumali we want to see an approach where Aboriginal people and their systems, including their language, culture, and traditional decision making processes, are the heart of economic development rather than on the sidelines.
The China Post
· Asian shares mixed after Wall Street rally; Hong Kong lower →
While Hong Kong’s role as regional trading center and financial hub has been to a large extent sidelined by developments on the Chinese mainland, removing its special status would be a huge blow to businesses located in the city because of its independent financial and legal systems.
· 'Pretty decent injury': Hamstrung Franklin could miss half the season →
Lance Franklin's hamstring injury could sideline him for half the season.Credit:AAP