“Significant” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Lockheed Martin: Unlike Boeing, Their Dividend Can Outlast A Downturn →
Unless something significant and largely unexpected changes, there are zero reasons to believe that they cannot continue covering their dividend in the future.
· (EDITORIAL from Korea Herald on May 25) →
US President Donald Trump is unlikely to show interest in reaching a deal by making significant concessions to Pyongyang without substantial progress toward the complete denuclearization of the recalcitrant regime.
· Morning mail: Nobel laureate's climate plea, Covidsafe fails, universities in dire straits →
The actor Claudia Karvan has joined a campaign in the the small south coast town of Manyana to save its only significant unburnt piece of bushland from development.
· China’s move to rein in Hong Kong is just the start →
It took into account the risks of international umbrage and reached the reasonable assumption that there would not be a significant geopolitical price to pay.
· Inside the secret talks to overhaul the Republican Party platform →
As with all significant campaign matters, they've been reporting back to Kushner.
· Central Bank Week In Review For 5/18-5/22 →
In light of the significant uncertainty and downside risks associated with the evolution of the coronavirus outbreak, how much the economy would weaken, and how long it would take to recover, the staff judged that a more pessimistic projection was no less plausible than the baseline forecast.
· Weirdly, Intu Might Be Saved By The Lockdown →
Sure, this all depends upon that game theory and there's significant risk in doing that.
· Dominic Cummings: Conservatives MPs from 'blue wall' seats tell Boris Johnson to launch inquiry →
Tory MPs also complained they were facing a flood of angry emails from constituents, a significant proportion of them Tory party members, over the controversy.
· The 'risky business' of tracking Rwandan fugitive Felicien Kabuga →
Kabuga was also a co-founder of Radio Television Libre des Mille Collines (RTLM), a radio station that many believe played a significant role in inciting the genocide.
The New York Times
· Gallery Sues Landlord, Claiming Covid-19 Shutdown Voids Lease →
The dispute is between companies run by two prominent art collectors, both with significant business experience and neither averse to attention.